Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex invitation not arriving

Alan A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I have a really strange problem.

I'm an external coach, doing work with around 30 different people spread across one multinational organisation.  I arrange meetings with all of them, and they use their shared corporate Webex account to send me invitations.  All of them arrive.  Apart from the ones sent by one person. 

Straight emails from him arrive OK, just not the Webex invitations.  I gave him two separate email addresses to try, on two completely different accounts, with different hosts/servers etc, and the Webex invites don't arrive at either.

He is sending Webex invites to other people and they work, and there is no way his company servers would know the 2 email addresses he is trying to send to are both me, so they aren't filtering them, so this feels like a Webex issue, but I can't begin to understand it.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Shared account, think noone read that

Have you checked the mail server's logs for those who do not receive invitation? Maybe they get rejected as they are suspected 

Maybe I confused you by saying shared account - they have separate accounts, just all part of the same corporate contract with Cisco for Webex.  And it's me that's receiving the invitation, or not.  I have checked my mail servers today, for both my accounts, and the invites never made it to my servers.  If my email addresses are being rejected as suspect, they are only being rejected for this one sender - everyone else at the same company can send me invites and they get through, so filtering sounds unlikely, as all their emails go through the same filters.  Thanks.