Views
Helpful
Replies

webex meeting is not responding under iMac with high sierra

Aileeny07
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My webex meeting freezes after a few minutes and need to send out a bug report. Pleae advise anyone make it to work under old IMac with high sierra.

Aileen

14 Replies 14

vinarduz
Level 1
Level 1

RFC-IT and WT2016,

I’m sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved.
After 1st April 2021, joining a Webex Meeting, Webex Meetings froze and stopped, generating a bug report for Apple.
Yesterday, after updating to Webex Meetings v41.4.5.14, Webex Meetings did NOT freeze and crash after joining a meeting with 6 co-workers. I did NOT experience any problem.

I guess the issue has been partially resolved and there is more to this bug than Cisco understands.

Actually we have anticipated the update of our entire webex site downloading the new version of the client directly from https://www.webex.com/downloads.html and it did NOT solve the problem.

Yesterday our site was updated and after that the bug seems to be solved (in our tests the video communication works fine, we are waiting for fedbacks from our users)

The crashes of Webex Meetings are history for me. Yesterday, I joined a video conference with 17 co-workers and everything went smoothly without any problem.

Question: is your problem now solved?

WT2016
Level 1
Level 1

Same here, downloaded the v41.4.5.14 and still same issues with freezing video and completely hangs the mac. This has not solved the problem.

vinarduz
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Webex Meetings v41.4.5.14 has been released today.

new version.png

This version is available for download.

Webex Meetings.png

I'll test if bug CSCvx88565 is resolved.

The version v41.4.5.14 has NOT solved the problem for our users.

vinarduz
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Webex Meetings has been working fine until 1st April 2021 on High Sierra v10.13.6. Now, Webex Meetings v41.4.4.10 freezes, crashes and creates an error log for Apple. Webex (formerly Webex Teams) is a collaboration tool. It works for now, but does not show my upcoming video conferences. 

3h
Level 1
Level 1

It says the problem is fixed in version 41.4.5, but the problem still persists. I'm teacher and I cannot teach, this is a very sad mistake.

RFC-IT
Level 1
Level 1

We are waiting (hopeful) for the update 41.4.5 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/c3r7uf/Open-and-Resolved-Bugs-for-the-Latest-Webex-Meetings-Updates

CSCvx88565

Webex Meetings (Mac)

Addressed an issue where the host's MAC Meeting client freeze when attendees turn on their camera.

3h
Level 1
Level 1

I have that same problem. The webex meetings I used before in the high sierra version without any problems are currently not working. when i enter the meeting it freezes. What solution can you offer?

WT2016
Level 1
Level 1

There is a link at the bottom of the Webex site to download the "original" version, however, that version 41.4.4.10 still causes video freezes and locks the Mac running High Sierra requiring a forced shutdown to restart.

On my other Mac running version 33.9.1.9 I have no issues. 

Either Webex has decided not to support High Sierra in later versions or they are unaware of the issue. Clarity and a solution are required. 

RFC-IT
Level 1
Level 1

Three of our users have reported the same problem on High Sierra to date.
The problem (in our case) seem to be related to the activation of the videos (without video communication the meetings seem to be stable). It starts after the last release of the client, we have other High Sierra systems with previous version of the client and they works well.

We hope for a quick resolution, in the meantime is there a way to do the installation of a previous version of the client?

Thank you

nweltd
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too. 2 different Macbook Pros running High Sierra no longer work. I created a video showing the problem. I can post to Youtube or send a direct link to view the video.

WT2016
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Webex has been working fine until 1st April 2021 on High Sierra then stoped, and just freezes. Tried downloading updates but no change, same issue. Other mac running Mojave with old webex works fine (wont update) but need to fix issue with High Sierra. Appreciate and advice on this