cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meetings crashes often when using my Sennheiser SD Pro 2

tmerin
Level 1
Level 1

After a Webex Meetings update several weeks ago, Webex Meetings crashes often when attempting to connect using the audio from my Sennheiser SD Pro 2 headset. The issue has persisted through uninstall/reinstall of the Webex Meetings application, several updates, and even a new Windows 10 installation. I'm on the latest version which is 42.12.5.13 so it looks to be some sort of incompatibility, introduced by an update, between Webex and this particular headset. I've used the headset for years without issue before this issue began. If I redirect the audio to call me, or use a different headset, Webex Meetings doesn't crash. Updating the headset firmware didn't make any difference either. Looking to see if this is a known issue or if someone else has experienced the same and found a workaround. Thanks much.

3 Replies 3

Brandon ITS
Level 1
Level 1

1. Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
2. Are you using a base/charging station for the headset? If so, do you have it plugged directly into the computer?

I am using a laptop and it is plug directly into the laptop. But some lightweight testing today it may be okay now. I will respond later when I have more time to test it.

Another IT technician and I were testing out a similar issue today with a client of ours. We just sort of stumbled into the fix when we started unplugging connected USB devices, which lead me to your forum post. We found that if we plug the USB charging/base station for the headset into the laptop directly, we will consistently get crashes. However, if we plug the charging/base station into a USB hub of some sort then plug that hub into the laptop it would work fine without crashes. So far it's working now, but we're waiting on the client to test more. Hope this helps!