cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meetings Screensharing Tearing and Glitching

ITGuy125
Level 1
Level 1

We have two conference rooms that we have Cisco Roomkits setup in. Our users will wirelessly connect to the room to host the meetings. In some of these meetings, they will share their content on their screen (word documents, excel documents, emails, videos, graphics, etc.). Within the past couple months, it seems like when sharing content wirelessly, the quality has gotten horrible. I have tried everything from different projectors, to clearing Webex cache, and I've resorted to having the users directly connect to the systems wired if they plan to share content during their meetings. The videos of participants appear normal, it's just whenever content is being shared is when the tearing/glitching occurs. 

Any suggestions would be great  

4 Replies 4

John Y
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately with wireless there are a host of issues that could be causing this, anything from network drivers on the laptop to wireless interference... Does this happen with all different kinds of laptops and mobiles? Does it happen on WiFi as well as mobile network? Are they using proximity or guest sharing...Lost of variables that would need to be tested out, this is a TAC case, if they have support...There are not widespread issues with wireless sharing being reported, so it feels like a local issue...

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Interesting! Thanks for the further details on your issue. Let me poke this over to someone on my team who may be able to help better here. Stay tuned.

Response Signature

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @ITGuy125 ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Happy to have you here.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. In the past, those who had this issue updated the graphics driver on their laptop and never saw the issue again. Not sure what graphics driver you have, but here is the link to the Nvidia official drivers downloads. - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Let me know if this answered your question. Happy to help here.

Response Signature

Hello!
Thank you for the suggestion, although all of our laptops/desktop use integrated graphics (Intel graphics) and we are always up-to-date with those drivers.
This issues seems to be new/more consistent within the past couple months. Wondering if the February update for Webex Meetings fixes this or not ☹