cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx not unmuting Logitech 533 pulldown mic

smithla2
Level 1
Level 1

I am on a MacBook Pro and I use Logitech wireless headset 533. I have the Cisco WebEx Meetings version 40.9.6.11. I do not use the mute buttons in WebEx as the headset has a pull down mic that will be unmuted when pull down and mutes when the mic is pushed back up. However, as of a few days ago, WebEx is automatically muting when I push the mic back up and NOT unmuting when I pull it back down. Is this a bug? I have restarted numerous times, updated system version, unchecked and checked under settings sync mute button status on microphone device, and it does not matter, it is still doing it. WebEx is telling me that I am on the most up-to-date version. It is really inconvenient to have to go in and hit the unmute button if the headset is doing that for you. Logitech is on the list of accepted headsets. 

2 Replies 2

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@smithla2 
I see several "players" here:
- Webex
- the Computer and it´s operating system
- the headet and it´s software/drivers.

Do you have any other application that uses the microphone? something like a voice-recorder for example?
Does the mute/unmute - magic work there?

If it does: it might be a Webex-Issue.
If it does not: very likely not a Webex-Issue.

You may also test your headset on a non-Apple-Computer.

Thanks for your response, @Fritz_H 

I tested my headset on Google Meets and Slack and both work well there, mute when mic is pushed up and unmute when pushed down. Hunch is that it is a WebEx issue. I have entered a WebEx problem report and am submitting a case for the issue now.