cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Note taking/reading pane

Candylf
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone at Cisco thought about putting a side pane where a user can take notes during a Webex meeting, or even copy/paste notes to read when presenting...only visible to the user?

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@Candylf this is already available.  If you want to take notes during a meeting and the host has the panel enabled, you can open a Notes panel.  Start taking notes and click Save after you start.  You will be prompted to select a location to save your notes file.  It will be a plain text file and will be available after the meeting.  It's important to occasionally click on Save so the notes file saves what you type.  You will only be prompted to select the location to save the file the first time you click save.

Webex also provides the ability to see your presenter notes and slide thumbnails when presenting a PowerPoint file.  You have to share the presentation as a file and you'll lose any animated slide transitions.  Once you open the file, click on the 3 dot ellipsis in the bottom right and open PPT notes.  If you want to see thumbnails, click on the top 4-box square at the top of the annotate icon at the far right.  It will display all slides and let you scroll through them to pick what you want to share.  The attendees will just see the main screen when you do this.

Response Signature

Hi what about when presenting...how do I view notes without others seeing
it when sharing my screen?

The only time others will see these notes is if you select "Share My Meeting Window."  Otherwise both the "Notes" panel and the PowerPoint notes will not be seen by the attendees.

Response Signature