Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams Offline - No Internet Connection

Hi All,

I'm experiencing issues using webex teams on MacBook Pro (Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6).

Using my domestic wi-fi connnection, webex team does not work and I see the following error message: Offline - No Internet Connection. On the other hand, if I use my mobile connection as an hot spot or I connect to my company's network by means of VPN connection, webex teams works properly. 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Alessandro

6 Replies 6

Anikets
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar issue, when Mac wakes up after sleep, webex fails to connect with the error mentioned above. Connecting / Disconnecting VPN does not help. Have to do restart and then without vpn also it connects

davidwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a similar issue.  After "waking" the PC after a sleep, while still connected to VPN, the WebEx app still indicates "no internet connection".  I can correct the problem by logging off and logging back on, but should a user have to do this?  The app should be able to detect when the PC is online, which it is not doing.

Andrew Mallio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I disconnected VPN and restarted Webex Teams. It connected. Then I re-established VPN and Webex Teams maintained the online status.

@Andrew Mallio 
Makes me think of a DNS-Server-issue:
Without VPN the Connection can be resolved, the operating-system will cache the IP-resolution and keeps using it even after establishing the VPN-Connection...

perhaps.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@alessandro.villarosa78 
I have seen similar postings in this forum before.
In most cases it was an issue with the ISP (Internet Service Provider) and/or the DNS-server of your ISP.

Since it works for you when

- using the mobile phone (= different internet-connection) or

- when using VPN (= usually tunneling all data-traffic through the IT of your employer - in case they did not set up a split-tunnel VPN config..)

....this seems to be a similar issue here.

You may try to use other DNS-Settings:

https://www.opendns.com/
https://www.quad9.net/

Addition:
If your application is still called "Webex Teams" it is outdated too.
Please install the most recent Version of Webex (" - teams" has been dropped some time ago..):
https://www.webex.com/downloads.html

jm6819
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem for the first time today for about 10 minutes and it seemed to self resolve.  I had this symptom on my work computer while at the same time not on my personal mobile. 

1. On my work computer I had logged into the VPN before starting Webex
  2. I had pulled up this webpage on my work computer (so I was on Internet)
  3. I had restarted Webex (and Webex Meetings app)
  4. I was about to drop from VPN to see if that would change things but then the warning disappeared and I could see and correspond. 

Perhaps there is some timeout/retry occurring in the VPN scenario which takes 10 min to resolve.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.