cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams Window: fix size and location on screen

MartinFrh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there a possibility to fix the size and location of the Webex teams window on the screen for the next session? Whenever I open Webex teams new, the window seems to appear in a standard size and location on the screen, but not where it was when I closed Webex teams before.

4 Replies 4

Jeff Dimagmaliw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible as the position and size of the windows are managed by the OS. You can use a third party solution such as Tasklayout for Windows or Moom for Mac to remember the position and size of the Teams window after each launch.

@Jeff Dimagmaliw 

Please allow me to say: This is nonsense / simply not true.

EVERY Windows-application does remember its last window-size and screen (in case there are more than one).
I do not care if this is accomplished by the application or by the operating system - it just works.

Webex-Teams does not behave this way, which is non-standard and unwanted.

The Teams-Client does not even remember my manually adjusted proportions of "contacts-Area" vs. "chat-area" nor does it remember which chat was shown at the last time.

BTW: it´s the same with the Webex-Meetings-Client.

No, I am not going to write a posting at the "User Community Feedback"-Forum regarding this
since this is not "a new feature" but simply a bug.

fix it.

fast.

Thanks.

BTW: No, this request by @MartinFrh is NOT solved, far from that.

That does not make since every window in a Mac remembers it's size and location and usually is controlled by the PLIST file.  I am trying to get the Call Window not pop-up in the middle of the screen and remember the size and position I set but every call reverts to the default