cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Video Hangs on Laptop after 30 minutes

brian.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

After 30 minutes into a Webex session a users Video constantly hangs. Any ideas as to what may be the cause of this and what things to check

3 Replies 3

gabriela-webex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, I'd need more background info to really get into the root cause, but it can certainly be related to slow network connection on a given moment. Maybe there were delays or high latency on that moment that led to packet loss. It can be due to network congestion, or also by a high CPU usage on that moment on the device.

To achieve the best result specifically with challenging network environments, please, read the best practices on this link:

https://www.webex.com/content/dam/webex/eopi/assets/WebexMeetings_BestPractices.pdf

I ‘m sure this tips - easy to apply-  will certainly help you to have the best meeting experience!

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@brian.johnson 

check the power-settings?
If the user is a passive participant, perhaps a power-saving-feature kicks in?

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian

Does this happen to only a single user? If yes then, Have you tried asking the user to join from a different laptop?

If the answer is no then does it happens to all users during a particular type of Webex or a specific host or does it happen at all times?

If the issue is applicable to all users or multiple meetings, then i suggest opening a TAC case referencing meeting number or conference id or then host email along with date, time and timezone of the issue. Also mention the exact time issue occurred