cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why am i unable to see share screen started by others?

Whenever someone starts to share their screen, it just displays 'XYZ has started to share screen' and just a black screen appears. To see the shared screen, I have to rejoin the meeting and then it appears. Does someone has a solution for my problem? It is so irritating to rejoin a meeting several times.

7 Replies 7

I know this post is from a while ago, but we just figured out a solution that is working!  For us, this was happening when someone was sharing the screen using the WebEx app from an iPad.  In the app, when the presenter clicks "Share Screen," they are given a choice of what to optimize.  They need to click "Optimize for Video" (regardless of what they're actually sharing) and then all users will be able to see the content.

I think this is what the screenshot in German was trying to convey, but hopefully the updated version in English will help somebody.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@RudraPratapSingh 

There have been posts in this forum regarding video-issues.
Some of them could be fixed by changing / disabling "video-acceleration" - either on driver level or - as available in newer Versions now - directly in the Webex-Client:

(since the Client does not offer language-switching, I can provide screenshots in german only..sorry)

You may want to give that a try...

image.png

@Fritz_H 

Thank you for your concern but this didn't help.

Does anyone have another solution for my issue?

Please help me.

Hi Rudra - are you using a Mac or a PC?

Windows 7 PC

It may be your Windows version - please see https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/9ehuwu/Meetings-Web-app-supported-operating-systems-and-browsers Microsoft Windows 8 or Later (32-bit/64-bit) is supported OS.