cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why I still can not use the WebEx app on phone to join webex meeting?

SIMMN
Spotlight
Spotlight

On laptop, I just have a WebEx app which covers my needs for the IM as well as webex meetings. But the same can not be said for the mobile platforms...

On my phone, besides the WebEx APP, I would also have to install the "WebEx Meetings" app in order to join meeting, such as by tapping of the meeting link in the email invite on my phone...Is this an unique scenario for me OR it is the situation currently for webex services on mobile platforms? 

Any plan to merge the IM and Meetings into ONE WebEx APP for mobile?

5 Replies 5

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Basically, on your desktop you also have both apps and the meeting app is cross launched in the background. It is not required to install it manually.

IIRC, there are plans to combine these apps as well on the mobiles to a single Webex app.

There has to be a plan to provide one single APP to cover both functionalities...Microsoft can do it with teams, why cant Cisco does with webex...

wrb
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your experience is accurate - on mobile devices you still need two apps. It is my understanding that its on the roadmap to consolidate but that is above my pay grade as to when that will happen

With WebexOne coming up I am hopeful about some news there in regards to this.

Okey...it is better be in webexone, otherwise I do not see what other innovations would be talked about during the conference...Lol...

You can also check out the Coming Soon section of the Webex What's new page: https://help.webex.com/8dmbcr/