Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meeting Recordings - Local v Cloud

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have been recording all of our meetings on the cloud for some time now. Is there a difference in quality when recording your meeting locally rather than on the cloud. I'm just curious if the layout or overall video quality differs between the two options. I also don't like waiting all that long for the recording to be available on the cloud, since my team asks for the recording directly after meetings.

So my questions are:

- Has anyone noticed a difference in video/audio quality on local v cloud recording?
- Do local recordings create the same file type as cloud? And, does the recording view stay the same.
- Is there a standard wait time for the recordings to be available on the cloud? (1 min of recording = 1 minute of render time?)

Thanks all, just making sure the switch over to local is worth it.

1 Accepted Solution

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

When you record Webex locally, you only get the video feed.  The Chat, Transcript, etc. is not available.  It will also only record the active speaker.  Even if you have your preferences set up to record in Grid or Stage view, it will only display the active speaker.  Benefit of saved to computer is the recording is available almost immediately after the meeting ends.

When you save recordings to the cloud, you get access to the chat, transcripts, polling, a trim/edit tool, etc.  You can also choose which of these are available when you share it with others.  Because of these additional settings, compiling the recording will be dependent on how long the meeting was, how much speech has to be transcribed, other tasks the servers are working on, etc. so there is no standard wait time.  Most recordings are available within 30 minutes or less but it can take longer.

The recording format is the same for both computer and cloud recordings and I haven't noticed any quality differences.  Hopefully this answers all your questions but please reply if you need anything else.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you kathy! That was more information than I expected. This cleared up all my uncertainties. Hope you have a great rest of your day.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

When you record Webex locally, you only get the video feed.  The Chat, Transcript, etc. is not available.  It will also only record the active speaker.  Even if you have your preferences set up to record in Grid or Stage view, it will only display the active speaker.  Benefit of saved to computer is the recording is available almost immediately after the meeting ends.

When you save recordings to the cloud, you get access to the chat, transcripts, polling, a trim/edit tool, etc.  You can also choose which of these are available when you share it with others.  Because of these additional settings, compiling the recording will be dependent on how long the meeting was, how much speech has to be transcribed, other tasks the servers are working on, etc. so there is no standard wait time.  Most recordings are available within 30 minutes or less but it can take longer.

The recording format is the same for both computer and cloud recordings and I haven't noticed any quality differences.  Hopefully this answers all your questions but please reply if you need anything else.

Response Signature