cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Course Material

PMassarelli
Level 1
Level 1

The Schedule Training Session form says "Course material specified can be downloaded by participants before the session starts". How is this accomplished? How does an attendee download the material before the session starts?

3 Replies 3

If you upload materials as part of the scheduling process, they will appear on the screen attendees reach when they click the invitation link to meeting. BEFORE they actually enter their credentials and click "JOIN," instruct them to look on that screen for the link to download the materials. I believe it is in the lower left corner of that screen. They will want to check for and download those materials before they click JOIN the meeting. 

You can see this for yourself by creating a test meeting and inviting yourself using a personal email or something. Upload a PDF file as part of scheduling the meeting. When you receive the invitation link (as the invited user), click it and  scan for the uploaded PDF in the lower left corner of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Eric

I was hoping there was a way to add a link to the registration acceptance email that would allow the attendee to download materials well in advance of the session and without having to click the invitation link to the meeting. From the research I have done it may be that the files need to be uploaded to the "My Files" section of the "My Webex" page. It may be that if the files (course materials) are stored outside of Webex, they may not be available for a download unless the attendee progresses to the invitation as you suggest. Assumptions based on information found here - https://help.webex.com/en-us/klhvofb/Manage-Files-in-Your-Personal-Folders

I checked out that link but have not worked with files stored within My WebEx. Someone else may be able to chime in here. At first blush, it appears to simply be a place where you can upload/download files to your personal WebEx account. I do not know how you would have other users access files within your My WebEx folder structure (if that is what you were thinking). I can tell you that within our organization, we only send the WebEx session invite to one person - our training coordinator - and she forwards the invitation to everyone who has enrolled in a session (she obtains a roster through our LMS). In her email, she includes any pre-work documents (or directs people to our Intranet). This is how we ensure people see, download and pre-read items in advance, while also getting the WebEx invitation/link. Thus, we do not use WebEx for registration - that is done through our LMS. I realize that may not work for you and you need/want to utilize the registration capability within WebEx. I still think, though, you could follow a similar workflow, if users register with their email addresses. You can obtain a list of those individuals prior to session and send an email with documents/pre-work. It is an extra step for you, but it depends on how important it is that attendees get the material in advance. sorry if this is rambly - just trying to assist if I can. 

Best,

Eric