Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
maily.kwan
Level 1
Level 1

The noise canceling option is a must have setting to have enabled when hosting professional meetings working from home.  There are too many outside instances that cannot be controlled around meeting times like garbage pickup or dogs barking to protect the home from package deliveries.  My only suggestion is to have the setting enabled as a default in the audio setting.  

ashelton1
Level 1
Level 1

Whether I'm making whipped cream for my morning coffee or the dog is "helpfully" barking at a delivery person, noise reduction makes my meetings easier. It cuts the background life noise and has eliminated the delay of scrabbling to unmute myself. I've switched from 90% muted to 90% not muted in my meetings. 

DNelson13
Level 1
Level 1

I live in a strata and every Thursday the landscape gardeners go through the property with their mowers, and blowers making a heck of a racket. Being able to host meetings and still block the background noise has been a game changer.

Don2001L
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

With many more of us working from home , we are spending more and more of our day's working collaboratively with a team, meeting with vendors / supplier / customers and have little control over our environment at times.

The noise cancellation feature is amazing - making background TV or common household and neighborhood  noise just disappear without affecting voice quality.

Well Done !

Don.  

Ric from TMS
Level 1
Level 1

I deliver remote training for hundreds of adult students every year.  Since we entered WFH I've heard doorbells, dogs barking, and a myriad of other distractions - as have my students.  This tool has improved the in-class experience for everyone.  Students have comments include:

• "I love this new feature!"
  • "Why doesn't every platform have this option?"
  • "How did we ever do workshops without this?"

Good job!

Ric Loll, Master Instructor and CIO

Technical Management Services, LLC

www.tmsworkshops.com

jonathanboyle
Level 1
Level 1

Having had to work in a noise office and now from home for the last year this is a great feature for blocking out the noise of family life that must go on in the background while I work...... now if I only had a decent headset

Dylan.Statzer
Level 1
Level 1

This is a great feature that should be the standard. It is a lifesaver to have good background noise reduction when working from home. Dogs barking in the background will hopefully no longer be the star of the show at every virtual meeting!

jlmitchell645
Level 1
Level 1

It has been very helpful over the winter. My heating vent is in direct line with my computer, and therefore my microphone. This feature prevented the sound from distorting whenever the heat would come on during a meeting or presentation.

neilanse
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the update!

margotcecile
Level 1
Level 1

While I have not yet used the noise reduction functionality, in reading others' reviews and feedback, I am excited for our training team to use it. We will be sure to suggest that our presenters/speakers and attendees use the feature as well! Kudos to Cisco Webex for continually striving to improve the overall user experience for its platform users.

mikeriehle
Level 1
Level 1

When working from home and a delivery driver stops in the street out front, my dog will always bark like crazy. This noise removal is awesome! Others can't even hear him!

snbecerril
Level 1
Level 1

I seriously DO have construction outside my window so when I saw this email I quickly checked to make sure I was using this feature and I am SOOO thankful for WebEx!

adida
Level 1
Level 1

Noise Removal help everyone who use it to ignore all the background noises and concentrate on what's really important -
MY VOICE !

florin.bizu
Level 1
Level 1

The noise cancellation function makes sure that when activating it, only the voice of the speaker is heard, canceling the noise around him. I will use it when I work from home and children are around me.

hs-kcan
Level 1
Level 1

Webx is a great way to connect with my students and parents.  The background noise sometimes can be a problem and I miss out on some of the students comments and what they are saying.  Reducing the background noise would be a great asset to teaching virtual.  

Thank you

Kimberly Can

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.