cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a Poll DURING a Webex EVENT (not meeting)

EP99
Level 1
Level 1

We conduct Webex events frequently. We are doing an event TOMORROW. We need to conduct a poll *during* the EVENT -- note: this is not a meeting or a training session -- it is an event.

How do we create and conduct a poll DURING an event? 

Note: no one uses Microsoft windows or has access to it -- downloading the "poll editor" with a .exe extension will not work.

Surely there has to be a way to conduct a poll during a live event????

No, we are not interested in an after event survey. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@EP99 , what I explained is that you can use Webex Meetings to create the poll (as for most users it's just easier and faster to start a Webex Meeting than to schedule & start a Webex Event)

Once you have created your poll and saved it as an .atp file you can easily load and use it during your Webex Event. This is done by going to the Polling-panel in your Webex Event and click on "Open" (exactly the same process as in Webex Meetings). If you don't see the Polling-panel in your event, go to the menu-bar and select "File > Open Poll Questions..."
From there you can load the .atp file you created before the event and you are ready to conduct the poll.

Hope this clarifies what I explained in my previous message.

Response Signature

@goswin OMG -- reading is fundamental. We use EVENTS not Meetings. Understand???? We can't just spin up a meetings session during an event, create a poll, save it and hope we can import it during an event..... 

This is a garbage solution -- it's not even a solution it's a really poor lazy workaround.....

We need to create the poll in EVENTS. Often times during the event ad hoc. Understand?

@EP99 

Goswin answered your questions precisely. You can create polls ad hoc within Meetings AND Events. The procedure is the same. 

Maybe the polling panel is disabled for you and you need to first enable it to be able to access it. 

2021-04-13 11_12_37-Cisco Webex Meetings.png

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@EP99 , yes you can conduct a poll during a live event, but this would also mean that you have to create the poll (i.e. all the questions with the different answers) during the event.

I would recommend you to create the poll upfront so that you just have to load and run the poll during the event.
You can easily do this by just starting a Webex Meetings with no other participants (no need to setup a complete Webex Event for that, you can just use Webex Meetings). Once you started your meeting, you go to the Polling-panel and you start creating your poll by adding a first question:

Cisco_Webex_Meetings_and_Create_a_Poll_DURING_a_Webex_EVENT__not_meeting__-_Cisco_Community.png

And then you add the possible answers to your question (you can also select the type of answer: single answer, multiple answers or free text):

Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

Once you have added all you questions & answers to the poll, you can also specify the timer for this specific poll (default value will be five minutes) and then save your poll by clicking the "Save-button":

Polling_Options_and_Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

The day of the event you just have to load the poll by clicking on the "Open"-icon and selecting the *.atp file that you saved previously. After that, you only have to click on "Open Poll" whenever you want to conduct the poll.

Hope this helps,
Goswin

Response Signature

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO -- this is an EVENT not a Meeting. 

SO--- how do I load this into a live EVENT???

READ -- READ --- READ --event -- ***NOT*** meeting.