Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Role Transfer

In which order does Webex transfer the host role - Would it be alphabetically or in the order they joined the stage? What does signed in mean?

I found elsewhere that it's in this order:

- Alternate host
- Signed in presenter
- Signed in attendee
- Presenters who aren't signed in

What is the difference between a presenter that's signed in vs not signed in? And how does the role transfer within the role? If there are several presenters, does it go alphabetically or in what order?

Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hopefully, this helps: 

- Alternate host - If the session you are in had an alternate host assigned and that alternate host is still present and you had an issue (drop, freeze, internet outage) the session will pass host to that alternate host.  

- Signed in presenter - Same scenario but with no alternate then host goes to Presenter 
- Signed in attendee - If you are the host and presenter, and have an issue, then the host goes to signed in attendee 
- Presenters who aren't signed in - If you are the host and have an issue (and not the presenter), the host will be assigned to the Presenter.  As you can see the host will go to anyone that is the Presenter signed in or not.  

"Signed in" means you're signed into Webex with your Webex credentials when joining another host's meeting using the same Webex site you do.  

Response Signature

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

if i understand correctly, a presenter not signed in is someone who joins from a webex device or phone, since joining from a device, different identifying information is carried into the meeting. someone can correct me if I am wrong. it might make sense because being a host is slightly different to manage on a device or phone.

The role should automatically transfer if the presenter left the meeting early or their computer crashed. yes, I believe it would transfer alphabetically.