Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex event: access restricted

Hi,  since the new UX is in place; I'm facing several issues.

1- How to remove any password to join the event?

2- I met a big issue this morning running an event: the registrants were unable to join the live. When they used their link and paswword, they landed on a page stating " This event is for authorized attendees on "my company name" only.

So basically, I had 50 customers who were unable to join the presentation. HOW IS IT? Why it seems mandatory to have a webex account to join an event?

3- I don't want to schedule a meeting instead as I need a customized landing page

Thanks

Screen itroninc.png

1 Accepted Solution

Hi veronique.voisson  

If you didn't have to before and have to now it could be one of 2 things... It could be that you have a new Webex URL / Site and by default it's required, or it could be that your Webex Admin changed the setting for passwords from not required to required.  

You can pull attendance without enabling that Require attendees to sign in before joining the event.  When you get logged in on your Webex site, click on your username in the top right and select "My reports"  whether you use registration or not, you can always gather attendance of your meetings or events there.  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi veronique.voisson, 

For your questions: 

1- How to remove any password to join the event?

Answer: Passwords are a required field at the Webex site level, so you would not be able to schedule an event without one. 

2- I met a big issue this morning running an event: the registrants were unable to join the live. When they used their link and password, they landed on a page stating " This event is for authorized attendees on "my company name" only

Answer:  In the scheduler, it's likely that: 

In "Scheduling Options" you had "Require attendees to sign in before joining the event" checked.  Checking this means that only those that can also sign in a user to your Webex site (like you do) to schedule and start their own events or meetings can join.  We often use this to keep an event "internal only" 

The other thing could have been any "rules" you might have created if using registration.  

Response Signature

Thanks Clare. I do have still some questions

1- Answer: Passwords are a required field at the Webex site level, so you would not be able to schedule an event without one.

How is it we had the option to remove it in the previous webex UX?

2- Answer:  In the scheduler, it's likely that: 

In "Scheduling Options" you had "Require attendees to sign in before joining the event" checked.  Checking this means that only those that can also sign in a user to your Webex site (like you do) to schedule and start their own events or meetings can join.  We often use this to keep an event "internal only"

You're perfectly right. This section was checked. But the goal was to track who has attended or not my event. Does that mean I would be able to check my audience behavior without requesting them to sign in before joining?

Thanks

Hi veronique.voisson  

If you didn't have to before and have to now it could be one of 2 things... It could be that you have a new Webex URL / Site and by default it's required, or it could be that your Webex Admin changed the setting for passwords from not required to required.  

You can pull attendance without enabling that Require attendees to sign in before joining the event.  When you get logged in on your Webex site, click on your username in the top right and select "My reports"  whether you use registration or not, you can always gather attendance of your meetings or events there.  

Response Signature