cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE v3.1 - Using https://isepb.cisco.com/#/ (Portal builder)

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Got an issue with the ISE portal builder (https://isepb.cisco.com/#), built a new portal followed the documentation (e.g. downloaded the config/uploader tool) but this tool is not working correctly??.. Filled in the required criteria but apparently ISE is resetting the connection/tool??.. Using an admin (SuperAdmin) account and confirmed access to ISE using a browser. 

ISE v3.1 - ISEPB Portal Upload & Config Tool v1.0.10

Raised a TAC case and the Cisco engineer instructed me to gather some debug files, TAC have come back and said -

I have checked the Support bundle and pcap. I can see ISE resetting the connection, but this integration is not supported by TAC.

Please reach out to isepb@external.cisco.com for further support.

Anyone seen errors like this and have a workaround??.. Tried internal and external accounts, the documentation for this tool is virtually non-existent. Not sure what the AD setting at the bottom is for, by default it populates with "Internal" so assume a local admin account is required which I have tried so many times.  

Jay233_0-1685961281180.png

6 Replies 6

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Not familiar with this tool but AD stands for Active Directory so presume it expects you to have a connection to a Windows Active directory configured which it can use to authenticate the user?

Hi Rich R,

Thanks for the reply, yes understand what AD stands for and in the attached picture it actually says "active directory". My question was more if its internal (the default) whats the point? This wouldn't auth to AD anyway, and I'm not sure if I wanted to use AD to auth the tool would I then change it to external or include my join point?

The lack of documentation is worrying, have looked at the tool website (https://isepb.cisco.com/#/) again and have discovered that newer ISE versions may not be compatible

Jay233_0-1685974899570.png

Overall my experiences with Cisco DNAC and ISE are a bit rubbish, DNAC upgraded to 2.3.3.6 for AP zoning feature but doesn't work (TAC told us to upgrade to 2.3.3.7)??

DNAC portal support still only supports hotspot or self reg, the portal builder is so limited (not like Aruba ClearPass) I need sponsor portal for my customer but still want my WLC to be compliant and able to provision without intervention.

Have requested support from isepb@external.cisco.com but just by the e-mail name containing external I'm not holding my breath.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Yes I think you're probably right.  Have you read the blog and FAQ?
It does say supplied AS-IS and no support except the email.  External is used for mailing lists which people outside Cisco can send emails to so that's all that means.
The FAQ also mentions that it references a javascript file on ISE so if that file has changed or moved in later versions then that would break it.

PS: You know DNA Spaces (now Cisco SPACES) can also do portals?

Hi Rich R,

Yes using Spaces but again limited to portal type, no support for sponsored

John1922
Level 1
Level 1

@Jay233 Did you ever get this working? Running into the same issue

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

@John1922 

No update sorry, ISE portal builder still not working for me using ISE ver 3.x.  

Maybe its our install? We did (inline) upgrade ISE so would be interesting to see it it works on a clean 3.x build, not had time to test that scenario.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card