Replies

How to change vlan ip management in WLC

fery151
Level 1
Level 1

Hello forum team

I currently have a Cisco WLC 3504 which runs normally
for some reason, i want to change the vlan and ip management on wlc
can you please tell me the steps of WLC discovery options i need to change? (GUI Version)

Thanks in advanced for your support!

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have a few options that are well documented for AP’s to discover the controller. You have option 43, dns and same vlan broadcast.  Figure this piece out first and once you know which one or two you will use, then plan for your downtime to change the management ip/vlan and any other interface. 
Doesn’t matter how you do it, cli or GUI, just get familiar with the GUI since that is your preference.  When you change the vlan id you need to make sure that is changed on the trunk port also.  
Search, “Cisco wlc discovery methods”. There you will find the various ways an ap can discover a wlc. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have a few options that are well documented for AP’s to discover the controller. You have option 43, dns and same vlan broadcast.  Figure this piece out first and once you know which one or two you will use, then plan for your downtime to change the management ip/vlan and any other interface. 
Doesn’t matter how you do it, cli or GUI, just get familiar with the GUI since that is your preference.  When you change the vlan id you need to make sure that is changed on the trunk port also.  
Search, “Cisco wlc discovery methods”. There you will find the various ways an ap can discover a wlc. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card