Wireless - Mobility

Connect with peers and Cisco on all aspects of wireless tech including security and network management, LANs and indoor and outdoor access points.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Browse the Community

Activity in Wireless - Mobility

Flapping port between firewall MAC-address and access point?

Hi team, We have a strange issue. We have noticed that when a specific client connect to an access point, and stays connected some time, the AP and uplink starts flapping, making the AP unusable. Only way to resolve this is to restart the access poin...

drr by Beginner
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

surveying for wireless

Hi GuysWhen doing a wireless survey on a site, normally they survey for voice at -67db for the edge of the cell.I believe typically they look for a 20% overlap, so would that be an overlap be before the edge of the cell I am guessing?Does software li...

Is a partner anchor controller and SSID secure for my IT domain?

We're establishing an internal, distinct wireless network for a research partner with multiple lab spaces and various WiFi-enabled devices, including research laptops, tablets, and wireless field devices across our campus. Our objective is to ensure ...

ezisaac by Beginner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Internet access for VWLC(9800CL) to connect DNA spaces

Hi ,In Ubuntu 20.04, I installed vWLC (C9800-CL-universalk9.17.09.04.iso) on KVM.I have to link the vWLC to the Cisco space. To make the BLE functionality active.(Requirement -"To connect the WLC to the Cisco Spaces, the internet must be available")H...

sswarna by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! UK country code for 9136 AP and 9800 WLC

Has anyone tried registering the newer APs (9136 in this case) to the 9800 WLC?  For the UK region the wireless compliant tool lists the UK as using "ROW" regulatoy domain AP.  But when selecting GB / UK in the 9800 WLC, it suggests you need "E" (Eur...

show mdns-sd cache, chromecast mirror

We are trying chromecast mirroring.Mirroring almost always fails and sometimes succeeds.The cache data is different when failing and when succeeding.Can someone guess why mirroring fails?? WLC : 9800-40Version : 17.3.8aChromecast : vlan 207device : v...

AP-2801i-B-k9

Hi poeple l got problems with my Accesspoint l try install Mobility Express on my accesspoint no scuess l try ping right ip didn work 

lisavbedt by Beginner
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WLC 5520 ssids not shown suddently for specific users issue

Hello,In certain specific locations of the access points (APs), I have encountered an issue where some clients are unable to see any network SSIDs being broadcasted. However, when I move these clients' PCs to a different area, a scan is performed, an...

Packet Tracer WLC Issues

Hi All,I've been trying to practice WLC configuration on packet tracer but for the life of me I cannot get it to work once having completed the initial configuration.I have tried the WLC-PT (which I can't get into even from the start) and am currentl...

PrimeYeti by Beginner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller

Hello Everyone,I have a new Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller that I installed last week. I created a test WLAN, forced an AP to join the new controller and it does join plus a laptop shows as joined. Now the issue is that the laptop does not get an IP ...

mathemba by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Top Experts - Last 30 Days