Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 24-02-2006 09:58:00 PM
We have a tellme browser with IVR written in Audium. We are designing a call transfer with screen popup to the agent where the call is transferred. In order to do this, we have to transfer a unique call id to the TELLME plaform which will transfer this key along with the call transfer. While there are multiple platforms to be integrated to achieve the final objective, I need to find out what Audium support exists is transferring a unique call id back and forth between Audium and the tell me platform.

Any hint or ideas would be a good start.

Thanks

Deepak

Subject: Re: Call Transfers and CTI integration
Replied by: null on 24-02-2006 11:27:01 PM
We have a tellme browser...[/quote:b5d1731dae]

Not to step on Audium's toes here, but generally speaking this would be something you would want to discuss with TellMe. If memory serves me right, TellMe supports both Cisco ICM and Genesys CTI. Also, if AT&T is your carrier, I think the support sending data via the ISDN UUI field as well, which your destination ACD maybe able to read and passed to the desktop.

As a general rule, CTI and data transfer are not really standardized across voice browsers and each voice browser tends to have their own little extensions for transfer of data via CTI.

From an application perspective, you will likely have to write a custom element or at least a custom VXML insert into your application before attempting to transfer the call, but the actual sort of call and what needs to be in it is goind to be defined by TellMe and not Audium.

Subject: RE: Re: Call Transfers and CTI integration
Replied by: null on 27-02-2006 05:43:19 PM
I found that there is a a API getUUi() in the decisionData element in Audium. If the Tellme platform can set this UUi identifier, then in audium, Can I call this function to retrieve the unique identifier created and set by the tellme platform ? This could solve the need for TellMe to communicate this to the Audium environment.

Conversely, how can I pass some string to the tellme platform ?
Is VXML insert the only mechanism besides developing a custom VFC which may not be worth it since the feature will not be used repetitively.

Deepak

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 27-02-2006 11:10:11 PM
Hi Deepak,

In order for UUI data to be available to your Audium applications, the session.telephone.uui HTTP request parameter should be specified during the initial request, for example:

[code:1:cb4bd2c49a]http://YOUR_IP:PORT/Audium/Server?audium_application=MyApp&session.telephone.uui=something[/code:1:cb4bd2c49a]

Then, the UUI data would be available via the getUUI() method of APIBase, as well as via substitution.

To find out how to send information back to your voice browser, please refer to your voice browser vendor for details as this process differs from platform to platform. This may involve custom VoiceXML, which you could implement via an VoiceXML Insert element or a custom voice element.

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 10-03-2006 04:50:06 PM
Continuing on my understanding on CTI application, I noticed in Audium 3.3 (transfer element) there is a application-to-application text box.
I tried to look it up in the documentation but could not find the description of it.
Please explain me the use of this. This might be what we are lookking for.

Deepak

Replied by: null on 13-03-2006 03:33:48 PM
Another question to add to my list. If the application to application allows me to transfer data to the voice browser. I would prefer to dynamically send data since it would change from session to session.

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Deepak

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 13-03-2006 08:51:14 PM
Hi Deepak,

The AAI setting of the Transfer element is used to set application-to-application information as described in section 2.3.7 of the VoiceXML 2.0 specification. This information is passed to an application listening on the desintation number, where it will be available in the session variable session.connection.aai. However, support for this functionality is platform-dependent, and this functionality is not required by the VoiceXML specification:

[quote:818ca7ddbc]Although all platforms must support the aai attribute, platforms are not required to send aai data and need not support receipt of aai data.[/quote:818ca7ddbc]

Please check with your voice browser documentation for information about AAI support.

For information about how to communicate with your CTI system, please refer to your voice browser vendor's documentation and support resources. Each system has its own interface, which differs from provider to provider. Once you know how your CTI system expects information to be provided to it, we can help you determine the best way to utilize that interface that using Audium software.

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 13-03-2006 09:16:58 PM
Great. Thanks for your much awaited, prompt response. Here is the TellMe platform specifics and please let me know how I can use Audium in the most efficient way to dynamically populate the aai field.

TELLME platform supports the following interface for blind transfers which I believe is as per the standard:

Transmitting AAI data
When performing a blind transfer, you can pass up to 99 octets of out-of-band (OO data, also known as application-to-application (AAI) information. Tellme uses AT&T's Transfer Connect with Data Forwarding to support this feature. When using this feature, you should verify the capacity and encoding requirements of the system that is to receive the data.

Note. An octet consists of 8 bits.

To pass AAI data along with a blind transfer, set the aai or aaiexpr attributes on the transfer element. When using the aai attribute, set the value to a string up to 99 octets in length. When using the aaiexpr attribute, set the value to an ECMAScript expression that evaluates at runtime to a string up to 99 octets in length.

Note. A previous version of this document described use of the tellme.uui property for sending AAI data. This property has been deprecated; use the aai or aaiexpr attributes of the transfer element instead.

The following example sets aaiexpr to a semi-colon delimited string containing the caller's customer id and zip code. The variables cust_id and cust_zip are assumed to have been set earlier in the voice application.

<transfer bridge="false" aaiexpr="'id=' + cust_id + ';zip=' + cust_zip" />

Note. If you have specific encoding requirements, you should work with your Solution Director for additional documentation.

Note. Currently, AAI data can only be passed when performing a blind transfer to an AT&#38;T Toll Free Number (TFN).

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 14-03-2006 03:25:48 PM
Hi Deepak,

There is an important note at the end of the information you have provided:

[quote:d049c97f9b]Currently, AAI data can only be passed when performing a blind transfer to an AT&#38;T Toll Free Number (TFN).[/quote:d049c97f9b]

Could you please confirm that you wish to transfer information to an AT&#38;T toll free number via a blind transfer?

If this is the case, you can specify any string you wish in the aai setting of the Transfer element (including substitution), so long as the resultant string at runtime does not exceed a length of 99 octets (792 bytes). This limitation is per the voice browser documentation you provided.

If this does not sound like a solution to the problem you are trying to solve, please provide additional details about the environment you wish to setup (e.g. What will you be using the CTI system for? Do you have documentation for the CTI system? What kind of data will you be passing back? etc.).

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 14-03-2006 03:51:07 PM
We will be using the Avaya CTI ACD platform with ATT tollfree network. We are also working with TELLME folks together with the Avaya folks.
The data I intend to pass in the aai field in callerId ( the one generated by Audium if possible. I need to know the API to obtain the callerId from Audium). Alternately, I could use the users investor ID. Along with this information will be some authentication and caller inputs received before the transfer. This will prevent the hassle of the caller to repeat those again to the call handling agent.

I also need to know from you the API to use to set the aai attribute of the transfer tag. I could not locate it in the API doc set for Audium 3.3 that we are currently using. Nor I could find any documentation in the documentation.

Thanks

Deepak

Replied by: null on 14-03-2006 03:52:04 PM
And yes we will be doing a blind transfer.

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 14-03-2006 06:20:36 PM
Hi Deepak,

We recommend that you create a Dynamic Configuration class for your Transfer element, which will dynamically set the value of the AAI setting at runtime. The Dynamic Configuration class can use the getSessionId() method of the APIBase class to obtain the call's ID, which it could then set as the value of the AAI setting if desired.

We have a Dynamic Configuration Java code template that you can use as a basis for your custom class:

Java Code Templates

Please note that this template was created for use with a later version of Audium software than Audium 3.3. However, most if not all of the API calls should be the same. Please refer to the Audium 3.3 Javadocs as needed to resolve any differences.

Previous Audium software releases and their associated documentation are available in our Previous Audium Downloads section; should you need to find replacement documentation in the future, please refer to this section.

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 14-03-2006 09:20:01 PM
I looked at the templates that you sent and the APIs in VTransfer class which I would use to create the dynamic transfer element. But I could not see from the 3.3 APIs how I would set the aai attribute for the transfer element. I did see setAai() and getAai() etc. calls in the 3.4 audium APIs but not in the 3.3 APis.

Please clarify.

May be I have to use the VXML insert facility where I dynamically create the VXML page by inserting the aai attribute, can you send me a VXML template for the transfer element to expedite this process.

Thanks

Deepak

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 14-03-2006 09:29:27 PM
Hi Deepak,

Please refer to Chapter 6 of the Audium 3.3 Programmer Guide, which explains in detail how to create a Dynamic Configuration class. This process does not involve VTransfer, or any of the VFCs; Dynamic Configuration classes manipulate element settings at runtime, they do not generate VoiceXML.

We highly recommend that you download our Clock tutorial application, which includes fully-commented source code for a Dynamic Configuration class, as well as step-by-step instructions for how to use this class. While the application will not be importable into Audium 3.3, the pdf documentation and sample code will be useful to help you get started with creating your own Dynamic Configuration class. Feel free to use this source code as the basis for your own, or in any way you please.

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 15-03-2006 08:44:20 PM
hi Vance,

After doing some further reading, I understood that I can create the dynamic configuration class two ways:using java class or by generating XML over HTTP. Below is the transfer xml base which I believe I can use to create my jsp page. In both options, I must set the aai attribute of the transfer element. How do I do this ?

The javadoc API for 3.4 Audium defines setAai() function but not for 3.3 Audium.

Also the transfer xml below does not define the aai attribute for me to set. I am not sure if I can modify the xml below to add the aai attribute if the semantics are not handled by your 3.3 audium libraries.

Please clarify.

Deepak
-----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration (View Source for full doctype...)>
  • <configuration class="com.audium.server.voiceElement.transfer.MTransfer" serial="3952">
<setting name="transfer_destination" e-dtype="string">{0}</setting>
<setting name="destination_type" e-dtype="string">tel</setting>
<setting name="connect_timeout" e-dtype="string">60</setting>
<setting name="bridge" e-dtype="string">false</setting>
  • <substitute index="0">
  • <data>
<session name="TransferNumber" />
</data>
</substitute>
<vxml_property name="bargein" e-dtype="string">false</vxml_property>
  • <audio_group name="initial_audio_group" bargein="true" count="1" a-dtype="count int">
<audio name="audio item" src="2292.wav" use_default_path="true" e-dtype="string">Please hold while your call is connected to the next available customer service representative. For your protection and to assure quality, all telephone calls are recorded.</audio>
</audio_group>
</configuration>

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 16-03-2006 11:22:55 PM
For future reference, this thread was continued in Audium Direct ticket 6392.

• Vance

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 30-03-2006 03:18:33 PM
Hi Deepak,

Please note that the setAai() method is not applicable to dynamic configurations. If you were to create a dynamic configuration class using the Audium Java API, you would extend VoiceElementConfig. The relevant method for modifying setting values (such as "aai") is:

[quote:bbd8bf4325]addSettingValue

public void addSettingValue(java.lang.String settingName,
java.lang.String newValue)
throws ElementConfigException

Settings can be given multiple values in a configuration. This method adds another value to the specified setting. If the setting does not exist, a new setting is created with the specified name and value.

Parameters:
settingName - The setting name as a String.
newValue - The added setting value as a String.
ElementConfigException[/quote:bbd8bf4325]

This information is from the Audium 3.3 Javadocs.

For details about performing dynamic configuration via the XML over HTTP API, please refer to the Audium 3.3 Programmer Guide.

Regards,
Vance
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links