Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Engineering Department on 26-09-2011 05:06:55 PM
I have the cisco wave driver installed on my machine. When my tapi application receives a call from the monitored device or CTI port, I can answer it using my tapi application but no audio is heard through the cisco phone (calling party) or my PC speakers (receiving party). 

How should I configure UCM to support my TSP Wave Driver controlled tapi application?

Thanks.
Dustin

Subject: RE: Cisco Wave Driver
Replied by: Dimeny Beata on 26-07-2013 07:01:43 AM
Hello, 

did you managed to solve this audio issue? We are facing the same problem, and don't know what are we missing.

Thank you.

Replied by: David Staudt on 26-07-2013 01:37:49 PM
Can you provide some details around your specific use-case for the TAPI wave driver, how you have configured UCM, and the specific issues you are facing?
In general, the wave driver is specifically for use with a UCM 'CTI Port' virtual device, allowing the application to function as a virtual endpoint for receiving/making calls.  When a call is placed to such a CTI Port, the application receives incoming calls events, sends accept/answer requests, and should receive RTP start/stop events which media for the call is beginning (note the app must specifically enable these events, see the Developer Guide for details on CTI Ports, RTP media events, and LineDevSpecific TAPI extensions.)
Once the call is answered and the RTP media events have occurred, the application can then use the wave driver APIs to send and/or accept buffers of sound data - the wave driver does the work of converting this raw audio data to/from the appropriate VoIP RTP codec and managing the UDP transmission/reception.  In this way a TAPI+CTI Port application can send/receive audio data using APIs very similar to the venerable Windows MMIO model.
Note, that the wave driver does not provide access to the audio occurring on a monitored physical endpoint (like a deskphone).  Mechanisms for recording/silent-monitoring physical endpoints are available via a different mechanism, however - please see the Guide for more details.

Replied by: Dimeny Beata on 29-07-2013 06:50:33 AM
Hello,

we are using CUCM version 9.1.1.20000-5 and TSP version 9.1(1.3), installed with Media Service Provider (there were no option to install Wave Driver).
We have a SoftPhone installed  and added a CTI Port (with a Line number, SCCP device protocol and default values for the device information).
We are able to monitorize calls between the CTI port and Softphone with a TAPI application, but we can't hear anything. For now we don't want to record/playback call, or send audio files.
The RequestTerminal function does not return any terminal in the application.   

Thank you.

Replied by: Dimeny Beata on 30-07-2013 03:38:01 AM
Are the ITStreamControl and ITTerminalSupport interfaces supported for CTI Ports in CISCO?

Replied by: David Staudt on 30-07-2013 10:27:19 AM
Looking a bit more, unfortunately I think the CDN sample code app, as it is now, creates a bit of a Catch-22:

- The 'Cisco TSP Media Driver' is the 'new' media driver implementation, which uses an architecture and OS sound framework more consistent with Windows versions from Vista onwards. 
- The Media Driver installation is offered as part of the default TSP installation process (for recent releases)
- The Cisco 'TSP Wave Driver' is the 'old' media driver implementation, which works well with Windows XP and earlier (you may be able to make it work with later Windows versions, see the 'Microsoft Windows Vista' section of the TAPI Developer Guide)
- The Wave Driver installation is effected by installing a sound device driver 'manually' (see the TAPI Developer Guide)
- The sample code on CDN is targeted at the (old) Wave Driver

Thus, if you are running a modern version of Windows, the sample is going to be a bit tricky to get running (uninstall TSP and Media Driver, reboot; install TSP; install Wave Driver; perform the Vista sound issue hacks).  As the API for the new Media Driver is designed to be as identical as possible to the old Wave Driver API (which uses Windows MMIO pattern), the 'best' solution would be the modify the sample (hopefully minimally) to use the Media Driver.  (I will open a ticket to see if we can get this update on the to-do list.)

Replied by: David Staudt on 30-07-2013 10:58:38 AM
Re-reading the original post, note also that the output/product of the TSP Media Driver is some raw memory buffers - this is not automatically hooked up to the Windows mic/speaker for instant 'softphone' functionality.  Taking the raw wav media data and using the Windows sound framework to output to speakers (or recorded to a file, or sent over the network, etc.) needs to be implemented by the application.

That being said, calling the sample app from a Cisco phone, you should hear an audio message played back.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links