Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dipika Gupta on 18-07-2013 11:37:18 PM
Hi ,

I have a question when using the record element in Call Studio. We are specifying the Max Record Time as 180 sec. Is there a way we can measure the duration of recorded wav file ? So that if we are getting frequent recorded messages which are exceeding 180 sec we can send some notification .Also can we play some message to the caller if he has exceeded 180 sec . Is so how ?

And we have the option of Terminate On DTMF , which can be on any key press . How to make it termination only on the press of # ?

Thanks,
Dipika

Subject: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Janine Graves on 19-07-2013 07:05:52 AM
The record element creates element data variable named 'duration' - giving the duration in milliseconds. There's also a boolean element data variable named 'maxtime' - which has the value 'true' if the caller exceeded the max recording duration. You can check it using a Decision element and if it's 'true' then ask the caller if they'd like to re-record. I have a note that for NoInput timeout to work with recordings, the incoming dial peer can NOT  include 'no vad'. Janine On 7/19/2013 12:37 AM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote: Dipika Gupta has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi , I have a question when using the record element in Call Studio. We are specifying the Max Record Time as 180 sec. Is there a way we can measure the duration of recorded wav file ? So that if we are getting frequent recorded messages which are exceeding 180 sec we can send some notification .Also can we play some message to the caller if he has exceeded 180 sec . Is so how ? Thanks, Dipika -- To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/17391627 or simply reply to this email. -- Janine Graves

Subject: RE: Regarding Record Element in Call Studio
Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 19-07-2013 07:27:35 AM
Janine,

In relation to enabling vad on the dial-peer.
The Cisco documentation and templates for CVP dial-config peer for comprehensive mode document the dial peer to have "no vad"
i.e. the dial-peer for the ICM Network VRU label.
(These templates are located on the CVP Console server: "C:\CVP\OPSConsoleServer\IOSTemplates\default"

For the record lement to work with no input timeout as you say you must configure the dial-peer with "vad".

Since there is only one dial-peer for all CVP VXML calls in compreshensive mode, this makes all calls set to use "vad".
So the question I have is, is this supported fully for all CVP apps?
And if so, why do the templates document state "no vad", since it will mean record element will not have the no input timeout fuctoinality?
Should the templates not be updated to use 'vad' ?

I know its a question more for the CVP BU, but perhaps you can ask?

Regards,
Gerry

Subject: Re: New Message from Gerard O'Rourke in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP -
Replied by: Janine Graves on 19-07-2013 07:53:52 AM
Gerard, I just tested the 'vad' and the system still doesn't detect
silence at the start of a recording. So, that's a moot point!
So, I don't know.

Replied by: Dipika Gupta on 21-07-2013 11:18:22 PM
Hi Janine ,

So is it like even if we enable VAD , final silence does not work ?

Subject: Re: New Message from Paul Tindall in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-07-2013 06:48:48 AM
Hi Paul,
(I'm not a gateway guru) If this is an incoming call that's taking a
recording from the caller, is there an Outgoing Dial Peer on which to
set vad?

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 23-07-2013 05:59:55 AM
Enabling VAD on the outgoing voip dial-peer on the ingress gateway should allow final-silence detection.   The main reason for not having VAD turned on with CVP is for speech recognition to work effectively.

Subject: Re: New Message from Paul Tindall in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-07-2013 06:49:13 AM
Hi Paul,
(I'm not a gateway guru) If this is an incoming call that's taking a
recording from the caller, is there an Outgoing Dial Peer on which to
set vad?

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Paul Tindall in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP
Replied by: Paul Tindall on 23-07-2013 07:09:11 AM
In comprehensive model you'll need to enable VAD on the outgoing VoIP dial-peer that matches destination numbers that go to the CVP Call Server.  Not sure if that answers the question.

Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-07-2013 07:48:13 AM
So, if my label from ICM's  SendToVru (or RunExtScript) to the Call Server is 8111111111 - then are you saying that I need to enable VAD on 8111111111 dial peer on my gateway? -- Janine Graves

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Paul Tindall in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP
Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-07-2013 07:54:57 AM
Paul, I just enabled vad on my combo ingress/vxml gateway for the 8111T  dial peer and the system still doesn't detect NoInput on the Record element.
I've got 15.1(3)T2 on the gateway. CVP 8.5.

Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 23-07-2013 08:41:58 AM
Janine Graves:
So, if my label from ICM's  SendToVru (or RunExtScript) to the Call Server is 8111111111 - then are you saying that I need to enable VAD on 8111111111 dial peer on my gateway? -- Janine Graves

Janine,

I am not 100% sure on what dial-peer you need to do this on, but Paul is saying do it on the dial-peer that routes INTO the CVP Callserver.
This is not the one you did it on.

The CVP ICM Label is the dial-peer that CVP Callserver sends the call TO. i.e. its the inbound dial-peer on the Gateway for comprehensive mode.

So if you want to set it on the dial-peer INTO Callserver, you need to do it on the outgoing VoIP dialpeer on the PSTN Gateway (or CUBE router).
e.g. this dial-peer will match the phone number that you dial to call into the application.

e.g. if you dial +1 212 555 1234, the dial-peer will match need to match on this number, e.g. if PSTN presenting last 4 digits of dialed number on "1234"

Gerry

Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-07-2013 11:57:46 AM
I enabled VAD -on the dial peer that matches my incoming dialed number (2072) - that then connects to the call server and then to ICM.
But, the gateway never detects NoInput or Final Silence (at the end
of my recording, if I don't press a DTMF, it should detect silence and
end the recording) as part of the Record element

The Dial Peer that matches my incoming dialed number is:
dial-peer voice 2072 voip
  destination-pattern 2072
  session protocol sipv2
  session target ipv4:10.1.78.9
  dtmf-relay rtp-net
  codec g711ulaw

I should say that I'm using a SIP softphone and dialing directly into the gateway.

Subject: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Janine Graves on 24-07-2013 10:28:48 AM
In my app, if the max duration is exceeded, the application continues
down the done exit state, with element data named 'maxtime' set to true.
Do you want to post your application?

On 7/24/2013 11:15 AM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote:
> Also Janine you mentioned that after timeout for recording happens the
> maxtime value is set to true and I can play something back to the
> caller , but as soon as timeout happens the call gets dropped and i
> receive a Null in maxtime variable . Infact after timeout the
> callstudio application exits and I come back to my ICM scipt with Null
> in maxtime variable .

--
Janine Graves

Replied by: Dipika Gupta on 24-07-2013 10:15:38 AM
Thanks for that info .
If we are not able to detect Final silence or if I don not go with vad . Is there a way where I can monitor the recording time on gateway and play something to the caller like "you have 30 more seconds to finish the recording " ?

Also Janine you mentioned that after timeout for recording happens the maxtime value is set to true and I can play something back to the caller , but as soon as timeout happens the call gets dropped and i receive a Null in maxtime variable . Infact after timeout the callstudio application exits and I come back to my ICM scipt with Null in maxtime variable .

Replied by: Dipika Gupta on 25-07-2013 06:54:23 AM
Thanks Janine . I found out that the gateway IVR record memory session is 180 sec and I was giving max record time also as 180 sec . So call was getting dropped . When i decreased the max record time to 120 sec I also got down the done exit state .So i guess our IVR record memory session should be sufficient enough

Thanks,
Dipika

Replied by: Janine Graves on 25-07-2013 07:04:48 AM
Can anyone at Cisco determine why FinalSilence and NoInput are not
detected for Recording element even if VAD is enabled on the dial peer
that matches the caller's dialed number (I'm using a sip phone line
coming in)?

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP
Replied by: Paul Tindall on 25-07-2013 07:21:09 AM
If your call flow is using CUBE as the ingress gateway then you won't have a DSP in the call and VAD won't take effect.  Suggest trying it using a TDM call; that certainly used to work fine if you enabled VAD on the right dial-peer as previously mentioned.

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 19-09-2013 07:27:15 AM
Janine Graves:
Paul, I just enabled vad on my combo ingress/vxml gateway for the 8111T  dial peer and the system still doesn't detect NoInput on the Record element.
I've got 15.1(3)T2 on the gateway. CVP 8.5.

Janine,
          I had this confirmed with  TAC. This does not work  for non ASR setup.  It seems that  router doesn’t have  mechanism to detect voice input.
It totally relies on RTP input. If there is any RTP input, that is treated as voice. Router can detect silence only if there are no RTP packets coming in from end-user side.
So in way it seems that the platform is not completely VXML 2.0/2.1 compliant.  I do not not believe this is documented yet.
Hemal

Subject: Re: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All
Replied by: Janine Graves on 19-09-2013 10:17:02 AM
Thanks Hemal. Important to warn students about this.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links