Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: chao guo on 16-10-2013 02:22:48 AM
Hi Team,
I met a problem when I using the cumi standard interface to get the message from CUC(8.5.1ES16.11900-16),
But I get the 400 Error for bad Request.I don't know why this error occurs when I using the cumi standard interface.

the following is how I using this interface to get the message from the unity:

String authorization="admin:ccie#13241";
      boolean flag=false;
      byte[] bArray = null; // buffer for reading response from
      Socket socket = null; // socket to cupi server
      OutputStream out = null; // output stream to server
      InputStream in = null; // input stream from server
      String sAXLSOAPRequest = "";
      // HTTPS header and SOAP payload
      String sAXLRequest = null; // will hold only the SOAP payload
      //username=CCMAdministrator and password=cisco_cisco
      // base64 encoding of the username and password
      authorization = new sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode(authorization.getBytes());
      sAXLSOAPRequest = "GET /vmrest/mailbox/folders/inbox/messages HTTP/1.0\r\n";
      sAXLSOAPRequest += "Host:localhost:8443\r\n";
      sAXLSOAPRequest += "Authorization: Basic " + authorization + "\r\n";
      sAXLSOAPRequest += "Accept: application/*\r\n";
      sAXLSOAPRequest += "Content-type: application/xml\r\n";
      sAXLSOAPRequest += "Content-length: ";

sAXLRequest="";
      // finish the HTTPS Header
      sAXLSOAPRequest += sAXLRequest.length();
      sAXLSOAPRequest += "\r\n\r\n";
      sAXLSOAPRequest += sAXLRequest;

// Implement the certificate-related stuffs required for sending request via https               
      try {
      X509TrustManager xtm = new MyTrustManager();
      TrustManager[] mytm = { xtm };
      SSLContext ctx;
      ctx = SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
      ctx.init(null, mytm, null);  
      SSLSocketFactory sslFact = (SSLSocketFactory) ctx.getSocketFactory();
      socket = (SSLSocket) sslFact.createSocket("192.168.0.15", 8443);
      in = socket.getInputStream();

// send the request to the server
      // read the response from the server
      StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer(2048);
      bArray = new byte[2048];
      int ch = 0;
      int sum = 0;
      out = socket.getOutputStream();
      out.write(sAXLSOAPRequest.getBytes());
      while ((ch = in.read(bArray)) != -1) 
      {
            sum += ch;sb.append(new String(bArray, 0, ch));
      }
      socket.close();

// output the response to the standard output
      //System.out.println(sb.toString());
      logger.info(sb.toString());
      flag=true;
      } catch (Exception e) {
      logger.error(" connect error "+e.getMessage());              
      throw new HttpConnectionException();
   }

By the way,I try to using the CUPI interface of phone systems to "modify,delete" the phone system,but I also get the error of 405 method not allowed.Does this error info means that we can not using this interface to "modify,delete" the phone systems info ?

Thanks for help.

Subject: RE: Using CUMI to get the info of Mailbox
Replied by: Jeff Lindborg on 17-10-2013 10:56:52 AM
8.5 is a little early - wouldn't suprise me if several items were not implemented fully back there - for tools using REST (either CUPI, CUPI for users or CUMI) I normally set the minimum version for Connection at 8.6.  The Phone system (port groups, media switch, codecs etc...) are all fully editable, create/delete etc... in 10.0 - many of the system level objects were read only in earlier versions - 10.0 enables full functionality for nearly the entire object model...

Replied by: chao guo on 17-10-2013 08:02:53 PM
Jeff Lindborg:
8.5 is a little early - wouldn't suprise me if several items were not implemented fully back there - for tools using REST (either CUPI, CUPI for users or CUMI) I normally set the minimum version for Connection at 8.6.  The Phone system (port groups, media switch, codecs etc...) are all fully editable, create/delete etc... in 10.0 - many of the system level objects were read only in earlier versions - 10.0 enables full functionality for nearly the entire object model...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for quick reply,I will try it in CUCM 10 and CUC 10.0.

Replied by: chao guo on 24-10-2013 05:14:52 AM
Jeff Lindborg:
    Hi Jeff,

I using the CUC 10 beta version to test the cupi interface of phonesystems,port groups,and ports, most of them is ok.
    but only one of them can not be successfully added <POST" method of port groups>.

That means port groups can not be successfully added in the CUC 10 beta.

the following is the request info: 

POST  /vmrest/portgroups/8a331e2c-c265-4f8f-b0c7-04898b0f29df  HTTP/1.0\r\n"
    Host:localhost:8443\r\n"
    Authorization: Basic " + authorization + "\r\n"
    Accept: application/*\r\n"
    Content-type: application/xml\r\n"
    Content-length: "

<PortGroup>
    <DisplayName>PortGroup-4</DisplayName>
    <HostOrIPAddress>10.78.171.158</HostOrIPAddress>
    <SkinnyDevicePrefix>PortGroup-4-VI</SkinnyDevicePrefix>
    <SipDoSRTP>true</SipDoSRTP>
    <SipDoAuthenticate>false</SipDoAuthenticate>
    <SipRegisterWithProxyServer>false</SipRegisterWithProxyServer>
    <MwiMinRequestIntervalMs>0</MwiMinRequestIntervalMs>
    </PortGroup>

The following info is the response info I got:

HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
    Set-Cookie: JSESSIONIDSSO=BE1CBBFD36B08E14CADCB8C1D92FA53F; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
    Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=AFBFEF395873446E648DDCD1D5F1550A; Path=/vmrest/; Secure; HttpOnly
    Set-Cookie: REQUEST_TOKEN_KEY=724382791895600937; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
    X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
    Allow: GET,DELETE,OPTIONS,HEAD,PUT
    Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8
    Content-Length: 2245
    Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:21:42 GMT
    Connection: close
    Server:  

Does this info "Allow: GET,DELETE,OPTIONS,HEAD,PUT" means,this interface do not support "POST" method ?
    Because I using the beta version of CUC 10 ,Is there any license constraint for the interface ?

Thanks a lot.

Replied by: Jeff Lindborg on 26-10-2013 10:33:23 AM
Sure you can create port groups – the other insterfaces allowing for creation and editing would be meaningless if you can’t create a port group or a port.  I just poped up the .NET SDK for CUPI and wrote this code:
ConnectionServerRest  connectionServer = new ConnectionServerRest ("lindborgload7.cisco.com", "CCMAdministrator", "ecsbulab");
PortGroup oGroup;
List<PhoneSystem> oPhones;

PhoneSystem.GetPhoneSystems(connectionServer, out oPhones);
PortGroup.AddPortGroup(connectionServer, "jeffs port group", oPhones[0].ObjectId, "10.20.30.40", TelephonyIntegrationMethodEnum.SCCP, "prefix-VI",out oGroup);

And it created a port group (SCCP) no problem – executed with Fiddler open the port group creation call in HTTP looks like this:
POST https://lindborgload7.cisco.com:8443/vmrest/portgroups
Body:
<PortGroup>
  <DisplayName>jeffs port group</DisplayName>
  <MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId>90dd306f-b8af-46b6-8289-f13437cc1e5e</MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId>
  <MediaSwitchObjectId>c133af88-d120-4acc-a53c-01b5864b0318</MediaSwitchObjectId>
  <HostOrIPAddress>10.20.30.40</HostOrIPAddress>
  <TelephonyIntegrationMethodEnum>1</TelephonyIntegrationMethodEnum>
  <SkinnyDevicePrefix>prefix-VI</SkinnyDevicePrefix>
</PortGroup>

201 response:
/vmrest/portgroups/185775df-39eb-460b-a094-663e083adf6d
I’m working with build 298 which is a number of builds old now – I’m quite sure this worked earlier than that since it’s part of my integration tests in the SDK referenced above.

Replied by: Jeff Lindborg on 27-10-2013 08:41:43 PM
no, there's no license issue - you mentioned "Beta version" of 10.0 but have failed to provide version info - although I doubt that matters much here.  Look again at the post you're making, it does not match mine - you're tacking on a GUID to the end of your URI which is wrong - when you create a port group you pass the media switch ObjectId in the body, you do not include it in the URI path - I suspect this is the source of your problem.

Replied by: chao guo on 27-10-2013 08:36:36 PM
Jeff Lindborg:
Sure you can create port groups – the other insterfaces allowing for creation and editing would be meaningless if you can’t create a port group or a port.  I just poped up the .NET SDK for CUPI and wrote this code:
ConnectionServerRest  connectionServer = new ConnectionServerRest ("lindborgload7.cisco.com", "CCMAdministrator", "ecsbulab");
PortGroup oGroup;

PortGroup.AddPortGroup(connectionServer, "jeffs port group", oPhones[0].ObjectId, "10.20.30.40", TelephonyIntegrationMethodEnum.SCCP, "prefix-VI",out oGroup);

And it created a port group (SCCP) no problem – executed with Fiddler open the port group creation call in HTTP looks like this:
Body:
<PortGroup>
  <MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId>90dd306f-b8af-46b6-8289-f13437cc1e5e</MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId>
</PortGroup>

201 response:
I’m working with build 298 which is a number of builds old now – I’m quite sure this worked earlier than that since it’s part of my integration tests in the SDK referenced above.
    Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.
    I try to using the same request like you in Java....like the following:

POST  /vmrest/portgroups/8a331e2c-c265-4f8f-b0c7-04898b0f29df  HTTP/1.0\r\n
    Host:localhost:8443\r\n
   "Authorization: Basic " + authorization + "\r\n"
   "Accept: application/*\r\n"
   "Content-type: application/xml\r\n"
   "Content-length: "
   <PortGroup>
   <MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId>90dd306f-b8af-46b6-8289- f13437cc1e5e</MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId>
   <MediaSwitchObjectId>8a331e2c-c265-4f8f-b0c7-04898b0f29df</MediaSwitchObjectId>
   <DisplayName>PortGroup-4</DisplayName>
   <HostOrIPAddress>10.78.171.158</HostOrIPAddress>
   <SkinnyDevicePrefix>PortGroup-4-VI</SkinnyDevicePrefix>
   <SipDoSRTP>true</SipDoSRTP>
   <SipDoAuthenticate>false</SipDoAuthenticate>
   <SipRegisterWithProxyServer>false</SipRegisterWithProxyServer>
   <MwiMinRequestIntervalMs>0</MwiMinRequestIntervalMs>
   </PortGroup>

I also get the server response info of "405 method not allowed".

I am not sure whether there have any license constraints for the method execute ?  Because I use the beta version of cuc 10 of trial license..

Many thanks,it's emergency for me ? 

Replied by: chao guo on 27-10-2013 08:59:38 PM
Jeff Lindborg:
PortGroup oGroup;

Body:
<PortGroup>
</PortGroup>

201 response:
    Thanks Jeff,I resolved.it,becuase my request body not using the corrected order of  the tag info ,like "displayName","MediaPortGroupTemplateObjectId","TelephonyIntegrationMethodEnum" and so on .
    thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links