Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Sascha Monteiro on 05-02-2012 11:35:17 PM
Hi,
Can you "migrate/change" users from being cucm imported users to just plain normal created CUC users?

We need the ability to remove the users from CUC, but that currently also removes the user from CUCM!
(haven't tried this fully through CUPI however, just looking what is possible before coding ;-)

cheers
Sascha

Subject: Re: New Message from Sascha Monteiro in Cisco Unity Connection(CUC) - CUPI
Replied by: Sascha Monteiro on 06-02-2012 01:15:52 AM
I could unlink the user by setting;
PUT
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<User>
<CcmId></CcmId>
<CcmIdType></CcmIdType>
</User>

And could then delete the mailbox from CUC, would this be supported ?

cheers
Sascha

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Sascha Monteiro in Cisco Unity Connection(CUC) - C
Replied by: Adrienne Moherek on 07-02-2012 06:39:21 PM
Do you have Unity Connection integrated with an LDAP directory?

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Sascha Monteiro in Cisco Unity Connection(CUC) - C
Replied by: Sascha Monteiro on 07-02-2012 11:36:13 PM
nope. neither CUCM and CUC are LDAP integrated for the client we are working on

the method I mentioned in the follow up post seems to work fine, at this stage I need to know if that is supported as I need to bulk change this for a 1000+ users before we integrate our app

Subject: RE: unlink CUC user from CUCM
Replied by: Adrienne Moherek on 14-02-2012 10:25:06 AM
There are three ways you can delete the user that is integrated with CUCM in a standalone configuration.
(1) Using CUCA, Users -> Select the users to be deleted and then delete.
(2) Using BAT, Import Users with mail box and save the imported csv.
Now use this csv and keep the users that you want to delete and remove the rest, and do the delete operation.
(3) Using API, delete the user as a normal connection user, it will not remove the user from CUCM.

If you are having a CORES configuration, there will be different procedure.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links