Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: JAMES DEPHILLIP II on 08-12-2012 03:17:05 PM
I am creating custom softkeys on the 9971 and sometimes when I use Softkey:Exit as the URL the phone is making the softkey a back arrow and doesn't exit the application. It does seem to do this all the time. 7900 series phones have never had this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Subject: RE: 9971 Softkey:Exit
Replied by: JAMES DEPHILLIP II on 10-12-2012 10:37:15 AM
Thank you but now some other questions come to mind...If Exit takes you back what does Softkey:Back do? Also why is this different on the 9971? On the 7965 the Softkey:Exit always closes the app no matter where i am within the application.

Adrienne Moherek:
Hi James,
Try using Init:Services to exit the application.
The application has to use the “Init:Services” URI and the “App:Close” URI to close the last XSI application launched from the application. If there is no application open, then the request has no effect.
Additionally, the Exit softkey takes the application to the previous screen, and if the application is at the top level, it closes the application.
Thanks,
Adrienne

Replied by: Adrienne Moherek on 10-12-2012 10:18:34 AM
Hi James,
Try using Init:Services to exit the application.
The application has to use the “Init:Services” URI and the “App:Close” URI to close the last XSI application launched from the application. If there is no application open, then the request has no effect.
Additionally, the Exit softkey takes the application to the previous screen, and if the application is at the top level, it closes the application.
Thanks,
Adrienne

Replied by: Miroslav Jasso on 11-12-2012 01:09:15 AM
Hi James,
   this topic was solved here some time ago...but I cannot find it. "App:Close", "Init:Services" (resp. "Initirectories") and "SoftKey:Exit" are uries for closing the application. This unconsistency comes from Cisco strategy to buy solutions from different companies. So 7945 firmware has different XML browser then 9971 and different then 8945 ... welcome to the Cisco world.
"Init:Services" or "Initirectories" works almost everywhere as expected, so I use it in my application.
Best way to handle exit browser is to parse request HTTP header, read phone model and firmware version and decide what exit URI you use.

Replied by: JAMES DEPHILLIP II on 11-12-2012 09:05:59 PM
Thanks I will try doing it that way I appreciate the help

Miroslav Jasso:
Hi James,
   this topic was solved here some time ago...but I cannot find it. "App:Close", "Init:Services" (resp. "Initirectories") and "SoftKey:Exit" are uries for closing the application. This unconsistency comes from Cisco strategy to buy solutions from different companies. So 7945 firmware has different XML browser then 9971 and different then 8945 ... welcome to the Cisco world.
"Init:Services" or "Initirectories" works almost everywhere as expected, so I use it in my application.
Best way to handle exit browser is to parse request HTTP header, read phone model and firmware version and decide what exit URI you use.

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 11-12-2012 10:07:58 PM
This is new behaviour on Cisco phones (SoftKey:Exit behaviour). We found it on latest firmwares. There is a solution for you:
1. If you need to close an app from softkey use appId. Use this attribute in your CiscoIPPhoneObject. Soft key "close" URL will be "App:Close:0::[your app id]".
2. If you need to close an app after app calls an URL (makes request) you need to include in answer CiscoIPPhoneExecute object with URL "Init:Services" or/and send to phone URL "App:Close:1:10:[your app id]" asynchronously. You cannot send a App:Close url as an answer on app request. App:Close url also cannot be sent to phone with 0 priority. "App:Close:1:10:" means that your app will be closed after a 10 seconds when phone will be idle.
Not all phone models supports Components API (App:Close url). Components API support matrix you can find on cisco site or in IPPS docs. If phone not supports Component API use "Init:Services" URL.
P.S. All this information you can find in IPPS docs. Please, RTFM.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links