Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 561 USB Y cable RJ9/RJ11 replacement

Chris Gillstrap
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We have a user that has misplaced the USB Y cable RJ9/RJ11 that came with the 561 multibase.  They use that cable to connect to a 7841 phone.  I do not see that cable listed a spare to purchase in the data sheet or in CCW.  Any advice on what to use in lieu of ordering a new multibase ?  Thanks ahead for any recommendations.

v/r

CG

10 Replies 10

vidcits
Level 1
Level 1

Adding my two cents here.

Loss is not the only reason for needing a replacement. Cables are damaged all the time; and we just got one multibase that came with a defective cable, and had to RMA the whole thing - just for the cable.  Could we perhaps get that part number please? I'm even willing to pay for said cable. Either that or a detailed spec/pinout so that we can construct our own replacement?

Many thanks

clandmar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

x

David28
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @clandmar 

I do have the same problem, needing some of these cables. Are you able to help me as well? Or is there a spare SKU already?

Many thanks!

joepaul2126
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Losing a crucial cable can be frustrating, but there are a few options to consider before ordering a new multibase.

Firstly, you can try reaching out to Cisco's customer support or the manufacturer of the 561 multibase to see if they have any spare USB Y cables available for purchase. Alternatively, you can check with third-party vendors or online marketplaces to see if they have compatible cables available.

Another option is to look into using a different cable to connect the 561 multibase to the 7841 phone. It's important to make sure the cable is compatible with both devices, so you may need to consult the device specifications or reach out to customer support for guidance.Best of luck in your new role! i also ask the community for my help by the help of community my websitefreezonehub 

britton kerr
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue.  Need to order a replacement cable.  It's batjunk crazy not to believe that folks won't damage cables or LOSE cables when they move around the building.....or outright highway robbery to demand they buy a new headset to get a 10 dollar cable (probably cheaper to make than that in all honesty).  

northerntech
Level 1
Level 1

Our company as well is looking at a minimum of 3 to order as well.  In the past we have been able to find spare for the single base unit by those only connecting to the PC and not using the Y.  But with always ongoing staff movements and damage to cables over time we NEED a solution to have this as an orderable item.

clandmar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the responses to this space. I have forwarded the request to offer the cable as a spare to the team & will report back if/when it becomes available.

Has a solution to this inquiry been created? I cannot find this cable available to purchase anywhere.

Sadly, not that I am aware of.

OldCCIE
Level 1
Level 1

@clandmar We had a customer reach out to us yesterday, employee left and now the Y cable is missing, maddening that there's no spare part cable that can be ordered. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: