cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex VR?

Win some, loose some
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I randomly came across the following whilst researching an idea for a Hackathon project. It is still available on the early access section of the Oculus store;

Cisco Spark in VR 

Watching the video demo and subsequent searches on the internal company website it seemed this was really going somewhere.  However since Spark was folded into Webex a few years back i cannot find the development team and the managers in the video no longer work for the company.  I think in a post-covid world of virtual meetings this could be a big step forward in terms of collaboration of distributed teams.

I would like to know who to reach out to about what happened to this project.

3 Replies 3

Anthony
Level 1
Level 1

It's my understanding this particular project didn't go much past what you see there.  We have launched something similar and have been delivering live events now for over a year with lots of great feedback, https://www.nterone.com/articles/nterone-clearconnect-vr.  

Hi Anthony,

Clearconnect vr is a little different to what i was after, however i do see a use for that software in a different sort of situation.  Thanks for the lead!

We don't show all the new features in that particular video. We have conference rooms for presentations, classrooms for design sessions, and even a gameroom to blow off some steam. We are also working with the Webex team on integration. Just FYI. Thanks!