cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adapting newer tech. for an older world!

sillsc0414
Level 1
Level 1

One of the biggest challenges of promoting WebEx to my workforce is the hesitation and push back for the change in culture.  I come from an environment where staff LOVE in-person opportunities for connecting with colleagues, trainers, vendors, etc.  On one hand, I can appreciate this perspective!  I'm not sure that virtualizing our world will ever replace the in-person experience, but I do believe we can make some of our daily processes more efficient by utilizing this technology.  I get it - It's difficult to recreate the energy and vibe within the virtual world!

That being said, I continually try to promote the benefits of virtualizing bits and pieces of our day, but my staff are not the easiest to convince!  I work with a lot of staff that have been in the field before the tech. boom!  They have a certain way they like doing things and some of these methods should be extinct.  Does anyone have any success stories they are willing to share with me to help direct me down some paths that may help with buy in from the older generation?  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

brentbs
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy! I think you're on the right track. Any form of change to an existing culture can be extremely difficult and sometimes painful. My best advice is to seek those people in your organization who can be your change champions or your thought leaders. Get them excited about the new technology and see how they use it in their work. Their enthusiasm will help spur new ways of working and pique the interest of those who may be more resistant to change- especially when your change champion has a more direct working relationship with the more change-averse employees. I think over time, the more employees start to use the technology and the benefits become more tangible you will start to see more adoption.

Good luck! Circle back with us to keep us posted on how things are going!