cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have you upgraded to the Webex App yet? If not, tell us why!

bvanhald
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Late last year we officially launched the Webex App (formerly Webex Teams) where we consolidated calling, meetings and messaging workloads into one single app (how good is that?!). 

My question to you is, has your organisation made the leap and upgraded from Webex Meetings Desktop app to the Webex app yet? With centralised management in Control Hub and a single app interface, this update brings a unified experience to both users and the IT admins. 

If you haven't updated to the new Webex app yet I'd love to hear what barriers you are facing preventing you from elevating your Webex experience for your users. On the flip side, if you have upgraded to the Webex app, share your successes and the value you have seen in your organisation or even what challenges you faced so the Webex community can learn from your experience.

Regards,

Ben van Halderen

Customer Success Manager - Cloud Collaboration

2 Replies 2

The new Webex App cannot show meetings that are over 30 days in the future.

This is a decrease in functionality from Webex Meetings, which used to show ALL meetings.

Why is the calendar limited to 30 days?

We were forced to “upgrade” from Meetings to App, but if you have the choice, then users should seriously reconsider using Webex App as the ability to see future meetings is fundamental.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

We have started migrating users from Jabber to Webex this year so usage is beginning to grow. All new staff are only being trained in Webex.  The new features work great and the phone service options provide users with an easy way to login to manage their phone services.

The Webex app is pushed to all staff computers and updates automatically so our biggest challenge is teaching them the different features and helping them understand how to manage their phone and meeting features.  I do wish the meeting features when you schedule a meeting had all the same options as the web portal but it's a great place to add basic meetings, join other's and open up your personal meeting room.

Response Signature