Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams Free Tier History Limit / Adding someone to Organization

Seigler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is just a quick question about the Webex Teams free tier regarding the history limit.  I know with other solutions (Slack for example) they tend to put limitations on how far back you can see your message history within a room on the free version.  I was curious if this is the case with Cisco's Webex as well.  It shows a green check box next to "Unlimited direct and group messaging", which I assume means there is no history limit but I wasn't sure since some could interpret the ability to send unlimited messages differently from the ability to see an unlimited history, as well as a difference between 'direct and group' not including 'rooms'.

Also in addition to this how can you add someone to your organization to get rid of the orange warnings?  You can't go to admin.webex.com with a free account it would seem so there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of that warning with the free tier?  You can add people to teams but not to the organization as a whole from what I can see.

Thank you for any information regarding this.

1 Reply 1

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Chat history might remain as long as your free space limit is not reached (for messages this is a lot!)... I have free trails accounts and chats are there way long..

Regarding the other question, you may need to reach out to Cisco sales or partner for a Webex Org free trail, I havent heard about the way to create a free one by ourself.