Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI and Static Routes

packet2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hopefully this is a simple question, but I cant find the answer.

We are currently in the process of migrating to ACI. One of the migration phases involves migrating a VLAN using subnet 10.1.1.0/24 that contains a number of hosts as well as routers used for site-to-site VPNs. Static routes are configured on our legacy core with a next hop of these routers to provide access to the remote VPN networks (these static routes are then redistributed into EIGRP)

We are planning to migrate this VLAN to ACI using network centric so 1 VLAN = 1BD and 1EPG, however I cant figure out how to create the required static routes.

We are currently testing this in a lab and have successfully created the required BD and EPG with subnet 10.1.1.0/24 configured under the BD and advertised externally via the L3Out. Where do I need to configure the static routes? Is this done under the BD or do I have to do this under the existing L3Out? If under the L3Out, can the next hop be an IP address in subnet 10.1.1.0/24?

Hopefully this makes sense. Can someone please confirm how to do this.

1 Reply 1

packet2020
Level 1
Level 1

I think that I have found the answer to this in the following thread. I have tested and configuring host routes under the EPG works exactly as we need but its not ideal. Ideally we would be able to specify a mask other than a /32. Are there any other workarounds to this?

ACI static route clarity - Cisco Community

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License