cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI L3 OUT not advertising routes

JPC11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have an ACI network that has three L3 Outs over two sites.  Site A has two L3Outs that are both learning and advertising routes and another on Site B which is learning routes from the core into the fabric, but I cannot work out why it will not advertise Bridge Domains out to the core.  All the L3 outs are in the same VRF.

If I login to the leaf switch on Site B, I can see subnets within ACI.

LEAF_106#

192.168.14.64/28, ubest/mbest: 1/0, attached, direct, pervasive
*via 172.16.104.65%overlay-1, [1/0], 03w00d, static

I can also see routes being learned from the core network

LEAF_106#
192.168.129.254/32, ubest/mbest: 1/0
*via 172.16.131.80, eth1/2, [110/6], 02w02d, ospf-default, intra

But I dont see the ACI routes being advertised from ACI into the core.

I dont want routes from the LAN on site A to be advertised through ACI (transit network) just routes with ACI to be available at both sites.

I am stuck here, so I really would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPC11
Level 1
Level 1

@Ruben CochenoHi Ruben, thanks for your reply. I found the problem this morning, the LEAF switch at the secondary site had the same OSPF router ID as a new switch that had just been installed.  The second I changed the router ID all the routes popped in.

Thansks for taking the time out to help.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@JPC11 

It can be a variety of things really, without going into much detail check if those BDs have the checked Advertised Externally, Check the guide here https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/example-files/l3out-configuration-examples/l3out-configuration-examples/m-ospf-l3out-with-two-external-routers.html

RubenCocheno_1-1704307538203.png

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

JPC11
Level 1
Level 1

@Ruben CochenoHi Ruben, thanks for your reply. I found the problem this morning, the LEAF switch at the secondary site had the same OSPF router ID as a new switch that had just been installed.  The second I changed the router ID all the routes popped in.

Thansks for taking the time out to help.

Jonathan

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License