Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI L3 Outside Port-channel support

Luke Poskitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if I'm missing the obvious and this is a silly question, but I'm attempting to create an EIGRP L3 Outside in which the Logical Interface Profile should specify a previously configured port-channel as the routed interface. i.e. two interfaces on a single leaf connect to two interfaces on a router and are configured on both sides as a port-channel.

However, I don't seem to be able to specify the port-channel as a routed interface in the Logical Interface Profile for the Logical Node Profile under the L3 Outside - I'm only able to specify a physical interface which subsequently generates a configuration warning due to the interface being a member of a port-channel.

Should I be using an SVI under the Logical Interface Profile instead or something else entirely?

Cheers,

-Luke

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Luke,

Re your question:

Should I be using an SVI under the Logical Interface Profile instead or something else entirely?

The answer is yes, you should be using an SVI. AFAIK you can ONLY configure a PortChannel (or Virtual Port Channel) as an SVI.  I can see the logic in this as far as a VPC is concerned, but I'm not sure why you are forced to use an SVI for a Port Channel.

I hope this helps

RedNectar
aka Chris Welsh

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Luke,

Re your question:

The answer is yes, you should be using an SVI. AFAIK you can ONLY configure a PortChannel (or Virtual Port Channel) as an SVI.  I can see the logic in this as far as a VPC is concerned, but I'm not sure why you are forced to use an SVI for a Port Channel.

I hope this helps

RedNectar
aka Chris Welsh

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License