Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI L3Out

AirBorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

I plan to setup a L3Out to connect an ACI Fabric to external L3 network. i will use Routed interfaces and the external router R1 will be dual homed to the fabric according to the followin setup

R1 E1/1 connect to Leaf 101 E1/1

R1 E1/2 connect to Leaf 102 E1/1

My qestion is

How many L3Out do i need for this setup? should i create one L3Out and assign it to Nodes 101 and 102 ?

or two L3Out, one on each node ?

Regards

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @AirBorn,

Unless those two links are going to different VRFs on your R1, one L3Out is the way to go if you plan on having the same policy for that L3Out (you plan on advertising your EPGs out to R1 and thats your "gateway" to the same set of networks (or all networks using 0.0.0.0/0).

You can add both nodes just as you described.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @AirBorn,

Unless those two links are going to different VRFs on your R1, one L3Out is the way to go if you plan on having the same policy for that L3Out (you plan on advertising your EPGs out to R1 and thats your "gateway" to the same set of networks (or all networks using 0.0.0.0/0).

You can add both nodes just as you described.  

ralphcarter
Level 1
Level 1

Use the left side here as an example. This shows connecting to 2 separate data centers using single L3OUT, separate interface profiles with interfaces using sub-interfaces.

Capture.JPG

CCIE 26175
www.techsnips.com

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License