Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI - Multiple L3Outs with same OSPF process

NInja Black
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am trying to have the DCI routers and MPLS routers as OSPF neighbors with ACI.

Tried configuring multiple L3Outs on the border leaf with same OSPF process ID and it won’t allow me to. Per Cisco docs this is not allowed. Do I have to have separate OSPF process for each L3Out? Is there no way to work with a single OSPF process? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joezersk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ninja.  Your intuition is correct.  You can have multiple, independent routing adjacencies under the same L3Out (all using the same protocol of course).  Think of the L3Out object as a "routing process" like in a traditional router.   You just need to add additional Logical Interface Profiles under your existing L3Out. 

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

joezersk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ninja.  Your intuition is correct.  You can have multiple, independent routing adjacencies under the same L3Out (all using the same protocol of course).  Think of the L3Out object as a "routing process" like in a traditional router.   You just need to add additional Logical Interface Profiles under your existing L3Out. 

Hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License