cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC and Switch Storage Faults

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a small fabric and I am trying to schedule to upgrade it to ver 2.1(3j) from 1.3(2k). However there are critical faults showing equipment is full or high usage...

For APIC Controllers:

More specifically the useage of /firmware and /rfs2 on the three APIC is showing 100%. 

I did some research but found nothing really related per-say...Wonder anyone could help share some lights. Here below are some relevant screenshots. Even with the Recommended Action within each Fault, I am not sure how to replace the storage unit...I know the APIC controllers do not have that manage firmwares saved.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

For Switches:

They all (two spine and two leafs) show the same fault regarding /mnt/pss. Screenshot is below.

Capture3.PNG

3 Replies 3

B.kablawi90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Actually it's a bug in the system. The bug ID CSCvd36006 occurs when running a firmware version between 1.3(2m) and 2.1(2e)

This error requires to open a case with Cisco TAC to enable the internal access to the file system.

Below links for includes the bug description.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd36006/?rfs=iqvred

If my response helped you, don't forget to rate it as helpful :)

Thanks,

Bassel Kablawi.

I did see that bug. Not sure I agree that it is the cause of the issue I have...assuming it is for the APIC even when running 1.3(2k), what about the switches?

Both switches and controller is referring to storage issue, and need to free up space from a disk.

If you have a valid support contact save the time and contact TAC they can access the internal file system and make the required changes.

Thanks,

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License