Helpful
Replies

apic installation faild

eckoshi48155
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

im the beginner here,

the previous version of apic+icmc was 4.0.1h + 4.0.1a, and when i try to upgrade the apic version to 4.3.3q failed according to upgrade path issue.

so i have try to mount the image file of apic (4.0.1h) to re-install the apic system, but failed, the terminal returned

08:29:50 E: + tpm_unsealdata -z -i /tmp/bootflash/luks.enc -o /tmp/lkf
08:29:50 O: TPM Vendor ID: ATML
08:29:50 O: TPM Version: 01010000
08:29:50 O: Manufacturer Info: 41544d4c
08:29:51 E: Unable to write output file
08:29:51 O: atomix: Error: tpm_unsealdata returned 6
08:29:51 E: + e=6
08:29:51 E: + '[' 6 -ne 0 ']'
08:29:51 E: + echo 'atomix: Error: tpm_unsealdata returned 6'
08:29:51 E: + exit 6
08:29:51 E: + cleanup
08:29:51 E: + rm -f /tmp/ExDj42hD
08:29:51 E: + rm -f /tmp/lkf

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The error mentions the TPM. The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a hardware component used to verify and authenticate the server. For the APIC to boot and operate as expected, the TPM must be enabled, activated, and owned from the BIOS perspective. If the TPM is not in this state, the APIC may fail to boot or upgrade.
To verify the TPM state, check under Advanced > Trusted Computing in the BIOS
tpm.png

Cheers,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thanks for the information, i have just check the TPM configuration on both bios and icmc gui, found that on gui was enabled but on bios was disable, so i changed, problem solved.

thanks.

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The error mentions the TPM. The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a hardware component used to verify and authenticate the server. For the APIC to boot and operate as expected, the TPM must be enabled, activated, and owned from the BIOS perspective. If the TPM is not in this state, the APIC may fail to boot or upgrade.
To verify the TPM state, check under Advanced > Trusted Computing in the BIOS
tpm.png

Cheers,

Sergiu

thanks for the information, i have just check the TPM configuration on both bios and icmc gui, found that on gui was enabled but on bios was disable, so i changed, problem solved.

thanks.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License