Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC installation failed

Hi

I'm having trouble installing the APIC on an UCS220M4 with CIMC ver 4.0(1c).  I'm trying to install the apic firmware 4.0(1h).

We have 4 apic controllers and 3 of them are installed with this firmware.  Had som difficulties installing it but we managed to get it installed after a while.  The last apic controller seems to be a bit of a problem.  Have tried to install several times and it seems to stop the installation after a while with this message:

09:26:50 E: TCSD TDDL ERROR: write to device /dev/tpm0 failed: Timer expired
09:26:50 E: TCSD TDDL ERROR: write to device /dev/tpm0 failed: Timer expired
09:26:50 E: Tspi_Key_LoadKey failed: 0x00001087 - layer=tddl, code=0087 (135), I/O error
09:26:50 E: + cleanup
09:26:50 E: + rm -f /tmp/fEHx1tMR
09:26:50 E: + rm -f /tmp/lkf

Anyone know what to do?

The installation procedure followed is:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/managing_ACI_fabric_upgrades_and_downgrades/b_Managing_ACI_Fabric_Upgrades_and_Downgrades/b_Managing_ACI_Fabric_Upgrades_and_Downgrades_chapter_011.html#id_22801
I have attached the console output from the installation, where you can see how the installation is proceeding.

Br 

Geir

2 Replies 2

richmond
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to install the APIC image on a C220 that wasn't ordered as an APIC? If so, this is not supported.

No, the C220 was ordered to run APIC.  We installed an earlier version og the Apic (3.2.3), made it standalone), Upgraded it to 4.0, ereased the config with acidiag touch clean, acidiag touch setup and acidiag reboot.

We then made it a part of the cluster.

Now the APIC is a part of the ACI fabric.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License