Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC installation issue

valsinest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install APIC on APIC-server from scratch  but the installation fails with the following errors:

/mnt/source/ifabric.iso: No such file or directory

cp: cannot stat `/mnt/sourceiso/insieme/* : No such file or directory

Attempt #2, device /dev/sd*: Did not find images to copy

Anyone seen this behavior ? 

errors.JPG

Best regards

6 Replies 6

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi @valsinest 

And what do you mean "install from scratch"? APICs are shipped with the ACI image directly. 

Can you give more details what you perform? (What version are you using? What steps are you performing? what APIC hardware do you have? etc). If you try to boot the APIC normally, what version is running on it?

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu,

I got some demo equipment for testing purposes and the APIC server did not have the image installed. If i boot the APIC normally nothing happens so i tried to follow the following procedure and install it. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/all/apic-installation-upgrade-downgrade/Cisco-APIC-Installation-Upgrade-Downgrade-Guide/Cisco-APIC-Installation-Upgrade-Downgrade-Guide_chapter_010.html#id_101922

Tested version 3.2 and 4.2 with bootable usb flash and virtual media on the server but the result is the same. 

Best regards

Hi @valsinest ,

When you were working through the document you mentioned, in the Before You Begin section, what Product ID (PID) did you see in step 2?

As shown in in this figure from that document

image.png 

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi,

It is APIC-SERVER-M3

Best regards,

Hi @valsinest ,

OK - since it is an M3, then I'd advise using the instructions under Installing Software Using Virtual Media (Cisco APIC Release 4.x and Later), but first (since it is 'demo equipment' - so I assume not brand new) I'd check via the CIMC that all the drives etc are in place as you expect.

You might also consider posting the same quesiton in https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028679983855301

there seems to be more people follow that page than these pages (which is a pity because the solutions don't get found in future searches)

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

I fully support Chris' recommendation.  Post the question on facebook page and once you have the solution, write it here. This way the community will have the solution as well :-)

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License