Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-PCIE-C25Q-04 not connected with SFP-10G-T-X

Noffal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was deployed Physical APIC Controller (Mini ACI) into our customer UTP Based Leaf (N9K-C93108TC-FX3P). The APIC Controller use VIC1455 / APIC-PCIE-C25Q-04 and I added that VIC with SFP-10G-T-X for connect to the Leaf, In Leaf side the LED was green (connected) but in APIC Server side the led was down. I used CIMC with 4.2(2a) version. Do I need use the fix speed (10G) from CIMC setting or any suggestion?

Please help. Thank You!

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may need to disable LLDP on the new BaseT VIC.  Otherwise the LLDP packets between the Leaf & APIC get consumed by the VIC, and not the OS of the controller as required for discovery to proceed.

See https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge-base/how-to-disable-lldp-on-the-apic-s-virtual-interface-card/ta-p/3162628

Robert

Hi,

Are the symptoms of LLDP enable on APIC Server same as what happened to me, where VIC 1455 with sfp-10g-t-x connected to leaf, the led on the leaf side lights up and the led on the server turns off?

For your information, I use 4.2(3e) for CIMC version, 5.2(3e) for VIC adapter version and the leaf is N9K-C93108TC-FX3P.

Thank You!

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License