cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI ARYA in Python3

Yevhenii_metal
Level 1
Level 1

Let me ask you, whether the writing APIC Rest Python Adapter (ARYA) in Python 3 was planned? If I'm not mistaken we have this amazing tool in Python 2 at the moment. As a consequence, there is another important question - how long will Python2.7 on APIC be supported?

3 Replies 3

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Yevhenii,

Python 3 supports indeed ARYA. Here is an output of my Windows shell:

python-027 .png

Dear All , 

Can anyone help to understand problem to convert ACI Tenant configuration file to python format using arya .

For your information , I have install cobra and install pip under arya folder and trying to covert Tenanat configuration to python formation using arya.py . But I am not finding any script after converting json file to python format . it is blank file .

ACI-Automation) PS C:\Python\ACI-Automation> pip freeze
acicobra @ file:///C:/Python/ACI-Automation/cobra/acicobra-4.2_3h-py2.py3-none-any.whl#sha256=13b70feb6c1507bb3a1852b5f49d46913a380c539bc740526e5ec3f8aff0f1a1
acimodel @ file:///C:/Python/ACI-Automation/cobra/acimodel-4.2_3h-py2.py3-none-any.whl#sha256=269c9c3cb01e6bb0a27a3079f8eb690a1c0cdf28829ae6de4fdb45781811b9de
-e git+https://github.com/datacenter/acitoolkit.git@629b84887dd0f0183b81efc8adb16817f985541a#egg=acitoolkit
arya==1.1.5

I am sharing the command which I have used from VS Code editor .

************************************************************************************************************************

{
"totalCount": "1",
"imdata": [
{
"fvTenant": {
"attributes": {
"annotation": "",
"descr": "",
"dn": "uni/tn-AMS-ACI-Tenant",
"name": "AMS-ACI-Tenant",
"nameAlias": "",
"ownerKey": "",
"ownerTag": "",
"userdom": ":all:"
},
"children": [
{
"vnsSvcCont": {
"userdom": "all"
}
}
},
{
"fvRsTenantMonPol": {
"tnMonEPGPolName": "",
}
}
},
{
"fvEpTags": {
}
}
}
]
}
}
]
}

*************************************************************************************************************************

(ACI-Automation) PS C:\Python\ACI-Automation\arya\arya> .\arya.py -f tn-AMS-ACI-Tenant.json -i 131.226.217.153 -u admin -p !v3G@!4@Y > TEST.py 

But this TEST.py is empty and not getting actual reason of this empty file . Can anyone help to under stand the problem .

Is there any issue on arya version with acicobra and acimodel version .

It would be highly appreciated if you reply soon .

with regards 

Erfan

Hi @eahmed.ext ,

Even if someone answers your question, you'll NEVER be able to mark it as answered, because this question belongs to @Yevhenii_metal . So if you want to ask a question, start a new thread.

RedNectar's Forum Tips:

• Click the camera icon then paste pictures in the grey area
  • After clicking Paragraph > Preformatted, click HTML before pasting to preserve spacing

BTW - @Yevhenii_metal - If your question has been answered, it is a great idea to mark the question as being answered.  This helps:

1. others with a similar problem find the correct answer
  2. people who look for "unanswered" questions to answer finding this
  3. prevent your question from becoming a "dead thread"

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License