Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI multipod over wave link question

mozorowsky
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I am doing my first deployment of Cisco ACI. Everything is currently in one data center. I have created POD1 and POD2. I connected the spines between pods directly to each other and everything discovered fine.

Now, I am working to simulate moving POD2 to my other data center, so I put a L2 switch between the pods. The PODS are no longer seeing each other. I enabled LLDP on the switch, and the spines see the switch but not each other.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Can I connect a multi pod fabric in 2 different data centers over a wave link or do I have to configure this with an IPN in the middle?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mozorowsky 

The Multi-Pod back-to-back can only be connected directly between them (usually a direct cable or dark fiber). Using a switch in the middle is not something supported, as far as I see in the documentation.

Take care,

Sergiu

BAH! Thank you! This is what I feared  

Back to the drawing board to figure out how to convert to IPN

Hey Sergiu,

Just curious if you can point me down the right path. I will be converting this to an IPN. Is there any documentation you are aware of for this process? Should I plan to wipe my POD2 and rebuild as IPN or is there a wizard that will help me?

Regarding IPN do you know of a newbie/easy guide? I am looking and not really finding a good step by step to setup as IPN.

Thank you

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License