cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear endpoint from a L3out - ACI

FedeGaibrel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team! Im trying to clear a endpoint from a L3out, but i couldn´t do it. I used this link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/application-centric/aci-how-to-clear-endpoint-manually/td-p/3062011

And i used these commands:

# vsh

# clear system internal epm endpoint key vrf <vrf_name> ip x.x.x.x

But these was the output:

N9K-LF-101# clear system internal epm endpoint key vrf TNT-XXX:VRF-XXX ip x.x.x.x

EP not found

N9K-LF-101#

Mac Learned

N9K-LF-101# show ip arp vrf TNT-XXX:VRF-XXX | include x.x.x.x

x.x.x.x    00:16:41  xxxx.xxxx.xxxx  Vlan264

I need to clear specific endpoints.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

gkumark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please check and confirm if the IP is learned as an EP in the leaf by running the command "show endpoint ip <ip>". if it's learned, the command you tried to clear the EP looks alright. Just make sure that you are in vsh shell while running that command. 

-Ganesh

Hi,

I want to ask, if the IP not showing in show endpoint table this means I can't execute thoose command? Then, how to clear arp / mac address not show in endpoint table. maybe this cause not learned while arp in INCOMPLETE state

@SulthanGhazali  @FedeGaibrel 

If the ARP is incomplete for next-hop IP address, you will not have any MAC address in endpoint table, because the switch doesn't know about it. In other words, check first if ARP is completed. (show ip arp vrf X:X) If is not, then investigation should be performed focusing on ARP resolution.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi @Sergiu.Daniluk ,

If I need to clear endpoint table from l3out or service graph, it's possible to execute thoose command? and If I have incomplate arp from arp table, no way to clear this arp like nexus command?

To clear ARP table you can enter first in vsh and then use NXOS style command:

vsh
clear ip arp vrf tenant:vrf

However, I do not have an L3Out up at the moment to test if the clear really is performed. However the command is accepted.

Also what I noticed, you are trying to clear the IP address in the endpoint table.

Note that for the next hop, only the MAC address will be present in endpoint table. The IP address is visible in ARP table and only for L3Out.

In other words, you can try to use the "clear system internal epm " command for the desired MAC address.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License