cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Issues "no cluster interface found" on APIC 1.2(1i) with ASAv.

tumarha
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have the problem about APIC and ASAv (single vm) integration. I am using APIC 1.2(1i), I have successful import ASAv device package 1.2 into APIC, you can check on picture_01.png. Then I try to create L4-L7 device under Tenant, I put all related parameters I can submit without any error, however, I found "Configuration issues : no cluster interface found", you can check on picture_02.png. On "Cluster", I don't put any Management IP Address but when I put "Management IP Address" under "Device 1", GUI has automatically put it by itself.

I also try to deploy ASAv with device that I have already created but I found that, it need cluster interface to be configured before apply, you can check on picture_03.png.

So, please help to give me some advice because last time, I use APIC 1.1, I didn't found this problem, I can create/deploy ASAv without specific "cluster" because I deploy single ASAv.

Thank you very much

Best regards
Wisit

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mikriple
Level 1
Level 1

Hey tumarha,

This is a little bit of a change up compared to previous code. Before, you would configure the interfaces (gig0/x and 0/y) as provider/consumer on the device itself and this would put it in for you on the cluster configuration area. Now, we require that you define the logical interface type under the cluster configuration area such as:

• failover_lan
    • consumer
    • cluster_ctrl_lk
    • failover_link
    • mgmt
    • provider
    • utility

You then need to specify the interface so in your case map the Gig0/x and Gig0/y for which interface is connected to the provider and which interface is connected to the consumer. Once you do this you will see the fault raised go away and the device will go stable. Please be sure to submit changes as well. See my example below:

Let me know if you want to have a quick Webex to discuss.

Mike Ripley

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mikriple
Level 1
Level 1

Hey tumarha,

This is a little bit of a change up compared to previous code. Before, you would configure the interfaces (gig0/x and 0/y) as provider/consumer on the device itself and this would put it in for you on the cluster configuration area. Now, we require that you define the logical interface type under the cluster configuration area such as:

• failover_lan
    • consumer
    • cluster_ctrl_lk
    • failover_link
    • mgmt
    • provider
    • utility

You then need to specify the interface so in your case map the Gig0/x and Gig0/y for which interface is connected to the provider and which interface is connected to the consumer. Once you do this you will see the fault raised go away and the device will go stable. Please be sure to submit changes as well. See my example below:

Let me know if you want to have a quick Webex to discuss.

Mike Ripley

Dear Mike

Thank you very much for your advice, now, I can do it.

Best regards

Wisit

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License