Replies

Login errors after APIC Firmware upgrades

zepherdog
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of upgrading my ACI environment

1.2(1) to 1.3(2) went fine, APICs and Switches

1.3(2) to 2.1(2) APICs now results in failed logins. Switches still in 11.3.2

REST Endpoint user authorization datastore is not initialized - Check Fabric Membership Status of this fabric node

Has anyone seen this on an established environment?

Cheers

Mike

2 Replies 2

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

Are you still having the issue?

Hopefully you have CIMC access to the APIC so you can login via the KVM console.  Please access an APIC console and try logging in there using the "admin" user and credentials.  If this still fails, see if you can login as "rescue-user".  The password should be the same as admin credentials.

if you successfully login to each APIC using rescue-user, please capture the output of "acidiag avread" on each APIC.

Thanks

T.

Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply. I looked at the CIMC but could not access, so went on site this morn.

After reading the upgrade guide there is a note that says all APICs will restart at the same time when going to 2.X version. 

I wondered if it was just an issue with the reboot and cluster convergence?? So I shut them all down, brought 1 APIC up and logged in via the console, then via the Web UI. Started the rest and re-logged in via the Web UI. All nodes reporting as healthy. Weird!!

Upgrading Switch Firmware now and then moving to 2.2(2)

Cheers

Mike

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License