cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moquery for static endpoint mapping where no endpoint is learned.

Could you please provide me the moquery for getting the static endpoint mapping where no endpoint is learned?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @shubhanshu_jaiswal ,

You can see the static endpoint mappings using 

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvRsPathAtt

You can then use something like awk or sed to extract the paths that are used from the dn  field. Let's call this list_1. E.g.

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvRsPathAtt | egrep dn | sed 's/.*topology\(.*\)]]/\1/' | sort 
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/11
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/12
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/13
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/9
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/11
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/12
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/13
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/28
/pod-1/protpaths-2201-2202/pathep-[T01:L2201..2202:1:31_VPCIPG

Next, you could use the following to get a list of the static endpoints

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvCEp

Again, use something like awk or sed to extract the paths that have endpoints from the fabricPathDn  field. Let's call this list_2. E.g.

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvCEp | egrep fabricPathDn | sed 's/.*topology\(.*\)]/\1/' | sort 
fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/11 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/12 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/28 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/5 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/9 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[T01:L2201..2202:1:31_VPCIPG /pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/11 /pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/28 /pod-1/paths-2202/pathep-[eth1/10 /pod-1/paths-2202/pathep-[eth1/10 /pod-1/paths-2202/pathep-[T01:L2201..2202:1:31_VPCIPG

Notes:

1. Note the subtle difference in the sed commands between the two (there's an extra ] character in the 1st one)
  2. Note the blank entries in the 2nd list - these entries represent endpoints that don't have a fabricPathDn value because they VMs deployed via VMM
  3. The fabricPathDn output in list_2 is slightly different to the output for the dn output in list_1 for the VPC because the dn includes BOTH leaves in the name, whereas the fabricPathDn shows an entry for EACH leaf.  You'd have to tweak the sed expression a bit to cater for that. 

For every entry in list_2
  remove the corresponding entry in list_1

done

Whatever entries you have left in list_1 will be a list of  static endpoint mapping where no endpoint is learned

Unless this is something you want to do often, I'd be pasting list_1 and list_2 into two columns in Excel and sorting each, then use conditional formatting to highlight the relevant mappings.  Like this:

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @shubhanshu_jaiswal ,

You can see the static endpoint mappings using 

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvRsPathAtt

You can then use something like awk or sed to extract the paths that are used from the dn  field. Let's call this list_1. E.g.

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvRsPathAtt | egrep dn | sed 's/.*topology\(.*\)]]/\1/' | sort 
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/11
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/12
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/13
/pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/9
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/11
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/12
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/13
/pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/28
/pod-1/protpaths-2201-2202/pathep-[T01:L2201..2202:1:31_VPCIPG

Next, you could use the following to get a list of the static endpoints

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvCEp

Again, use something like awk or sed to extract the paths that have endpoints from the fabricPathDn  field. Let's call this list_2. E.g.

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvCEp | egrep fabricPathDn | sed 's/.*topology\(.*\)]/\1/' | sort 
fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : fabricPathDn : /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/11 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/12 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/28 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/5 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[eth1/9 /pod-1/paths-2201/pathep-[T01:L2201..2202:1:31_VPCIPG /pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/11 /pod-1/paths-2202/extpaths-192/pathep-[eth1/28 /pod-1/paths-2202/pathep-[eth1/10 /pod-1/paths-2202/pathep-[eth1/10 /pod-1/paths-2202/pathep-[T01:L2201..2202:1:31_VPCIPG

Notes:

1. Note the subtle difference in the sed commands between the two (there's an extra ] character in the 1st one)
  2. Note the blank entries in the 2nd list - these entries represent endpoints that don't have a fabricPathDn value because they VMs deployed via VMM
  3. The fabricPathDn output in list_2 is slightly different to the output for the dn output in list_1 for the VPC because the dn includes BOTH leaves in the name, whereas the fabricPathDn shows an entry for EACH leaf.  You'd have to tweak the sed expression a bit to cater for that. 

For every entry in list_2
  remove the corresponding entry in list_1

done

Whatever entries you have left in list_1 will be a list of  static endpoint mapping where no endpoint is learned

Unless this is something you want to do often, I'd be pasting list_1 and list_2 into two columns in Excel and sorting each, then use conditional formatting to highlight the relevant mappings.  Like this:

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks for the detailed answered; however for some reason, I am getting stuck when I entered the command:

moquery -c fvRsPathAtt

It does not return anything.

Do I need to provide any DN as well. I would like to get the details for the whole fabric endpoint in one go. But it seems not happening. Does it have to do with Version of APIC?

Hi @shubhanshu_jaiswal ,

[Edit: I've just had a thought - maybe you aren't doing static mappings, but mapping up from the AAEP rather than doing Static Mappings.  If that is the case, that's a whole new ball-game and much harder to TS.]

Re the version of ACI, I've just tested the command on  4.2(7r) and 5.2(7g) - and it worked in both cases

And you definitely don't need to add a dn - that would only restrict the result to the particular dn you specified

So to check - find a static mapping, right-click on it and choose Open in Object Store Browser - you should then see an instance of a fvRsPathAtt object.  If you then click on the fvRsPathAtt heading, you should see all instance of that class (the same as moquery)

Let me know how that goes. Here's a video

I appreciate you helping me out. I am getting the following error:

"Unable to process the query, result dataset is too big"

Do you know workaround for this?

Hi @shubhanshu_jaiswal ,

Ok - but you didn't say exactly WHEN you get the error. Is it

1. When you do the moquery command (although you previously said "It does not return anything." so I guess not
  2. When you right click and open the Object Store Browser
    1. Side Q: Did you see ANYTHING when When you right clicked and opened the Object Store Browser?
  3. When you clicked on the fvRsPathAtt heading.

IF it was case #3 above:

you have at least proved that there are objects of type fvRsPathAtt, and may explain why you got no output from moquery.

I think the next trick to try is to use icurl instead of moquery, but if indeed the result dataset is too big, this may not work either.

Tip: Enter icurl commands from the bash command line rather than the APIC command line - this makes it MUCH easier to use the ? character in your query
apic1# bash
admin@apic1:~> icurl -k -s 'https://localhost/api/node/class/fvRsPathAtt.json' | jq

If this also shows no results or the result dataset is too big error, then your idea of using a dn may in fact be on the right track.

To test this, choose your smallest tenant - lets call it Tenant01, (or use the common tenant) and try this command. 

admin@apic1:~> moquery -c fvRsPathAtt -d uni/tn-Tenant01

If that gives you some output, then you can keep repeating for each tenant until you've built your spreadsheet!

IF it was case #1 or2 above:

Then I guess you you try the same suggestions, but I'd need more detail to chase any further.

I created a list of dn for application EPGs and ran your moquery one by one. It worked. Thanks a lot.

Brilliant. Glad you got it figured.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License