Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-Site Logical Design

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys, 

I would like to have your expert advise. Will I encounter IP conflict if I stretch my Tenant, VRF, Bridge Domains, and EPGs from site 1 to site 2 (DR)? Both sites will be having same IP addressing assignment to their servers/endpoints.

thanks guys.

3 Replies 3

if you have enough IP space, you can stretch ranges between sites using technologies like VXLAN or OTV

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @fatalXerror 

If you have servers configured with the same IP address in both sites, and you stretch your BD/EPG, then yes, you will have duplicate IP present in your network.

If you plan on simply replicating the configuration from one site to another, without configuring a "Multi-Site" vxlan overlay between them, then you can simply deploy something which is called "autonomous template" to both sites. The fundamental difference between this and a regular template, is the fact that deploying an “autonomous template” to multiple sites does not result in the creation of “stretched” objects. More details here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739609.html#Autonomous

Take care,

Sergiu

Hi @Sergiu.Daniluk , basically I plan to have 2 sites (prod and DR) and both will be having the same IP address including the servers. Any other ways to do this without using the new Autonomous Template?

Having both sites have their own Tenant, VRF, BD, and EPGs with same IP address design will meet this requirement? Thank you so much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License