Views
Helpful
Replies

no console access to APIC

madforccie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have a ACI setup of 1 spine, 2 leaf and APIC controller (c220 M3) for testing. However i am not able to take the console access or gui access of the controller. Lead and spine are accessible through normal process via console. Initially the devices were working fine after which i performed an upgrade on APIC GUI to 1.2.(x). After upgrade the GUI was accessible. After shutting down the rack now when I am trying to take the access of the controller it doesnt show up. Console is blank even after keeping the baud rate to 115200. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Rdx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Questions:

• After the power up, do you see any output on the display at all?
  • You have tried both 9600 & 115200 with no output?
  • Have you tried the front Port?
  • Is CIMC setup? Have you tried KVM access?
  • Do you have a service contract?  Opening a TAC Case may better serve you since they can work with you on different options to try.

Thanks

T.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which console port on the APIC are you trying to access? (Front or back of the APIC)

Please look at attached link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/hw/aci_hig/guide/b_aci_hardware_install_guide/b_aci_hardware_install_guide_chapter_01.html

And "Find" console on the page and read the comments in regards to which console port to use.

Best practice is to setup the CIMC access on the APIC so that you can access remotely via the KVM or via Serial Over LAN.

Thank you for participating in the Cisco Support Forum for ACI! 

T.

Hello Tomas,

thanks for reply. I have tried using port number 3 and port 4 present @ the rear console port of the controller. Still no luck.

Rdx

Questions:

• After the power up, do you see any output on the display at all?
  • You have tried both 9600 & 115200 with no output?
  • Have you tried the front Port?
  • Is CIMC setup? Have you tried KVM access?
  • Do you have a service contract?  Opening a TAC Case may better serve you since they can work with you on different options to try.

Thanks

T.

Hi Tomas,

thanks i got it! 

JanWillem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I did see that this issue was solved for you but i am just replying is someone else have this issue.

I have had the same issue for the APIC controller on C220 M5, baudrate was set to 115200 but kept blank also.

I found out that if Serial-Over-LAN is enabled on the Cisco Integrated Management Controller ( CIMC ) the console does not work anymore, but when this is enabled you can use Connect host from the CIMC to go to your APIC.

We decided to disable it and use console directly to the APIC itself, if we want to access it via CIMC we use KVM.

CIMC# scope sol

CIMC /sol # set enabled no

CIMC /sol *# commit

When disabled the console directly starts working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License