Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Tag API

noamcoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Is it possible to make a query that returns all the IP addresses that connect to a certain policy tag?
for example I have this environment:
 - ESG with a name of "NoamESG" with a tag selector to the following policy tag: "NoamTag" : "NoamValue"
 - Subnet 1.1.1.1/24 with the following policy tag: "NoamTag" : "NoamValue"
 - Subnet 2.2.2.1/24 with the following policy tag: "NoamTag" : "NoamValue"

As I understand, the ESG "NoamESG" should hold now 1.1.1.1/24 and also 2.2.2.1/24
can I make a query that returns those two subnets?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to return the Subnets or Individual Endpoint IPs matching the policy tag?

Robert

All the IP addresses connected to the Policy tag.
For example I have a Policy Tag's Key-Value pair or DN, something like that - can I extract all the relevant IP addresses from it?

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @noamcoh 

Get all EPs (both IP and MAC) associated to tag {TAG_NAME:VALUE_NAME}, you can get it through API call or moquery like this:

moquery:
moquery -c fvAssocESgTagSel -f 'fv.AssocESgTagSel.tagSelectorDn=="uni/tn-TENANT_NAME/ap-AP_NAME/esg-ESG_NAME/tagselectorkey-[TAG_NAME]-value-[VALUE_NAME]"'

API Call:
https://APIC_IP/api/node/class/fvAssocESgTagSel.json?query-target-filter=eq(fvAssocESgTagSel.tagSelectorDn,"uni/tn-TENANT_NAME/ap-AP_NAME/esg-ESG_NAME/tagselectorkey-[TAG_NAME]-value-[VALUE_NAME]")

Make sure you replace the tenant, ap, esg and tag/value names.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Thank you, this is very helpful for the specific example.
I wanted to know if is there a more general API query that returns the IP addresses that are connected to a certain Policy Tag. the difference is that the query you wrote asks for a Policy Tag that associated to an ESG, but Policy Tag can be associated to different kind of objects.
For example I have a Policy Tag's Key-Value pair or DN, something like that - can I extract all the relevant IP addresses from it?

As far as I know, policy tags can only be associated to EPs (IP and/or MAC) and BD subnets and afterwards used for ESG selection.

The above command will show both if the tag is already associated to an ESG.

If you have tags which are not yet associated to ESGs, then I guess you could use the following moquery: 

moquery -c tagTag -f 'tag.Tag.key=="KEY_NAME" and tag.Tag.value=="VALUE_NAME"'

But it will not tell you in which ESG is being part of. I guess this is the ultimate goal, right?

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License